Trying to decide...

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Weather forecast for Saturday in my area is cool and rainy in the am (oh how we need the rain!), then cooling and windy in the afternoon (10-20mph with gusts up to 30mph). I plan to put on rain gear or hunt in the shooting house in the am if its raining lightly, but I don't know what I'll do if the wind is that rough. That is some serious wind!!!

What is your high wind strategy?

RatSlayer

EastTNHunter":vwew8yon said:
Weather forecast for Saturday in my area is cool and rainy in the am (oh how we need the rain!), then cooling and windy in the afternoon (10-20mph with gusts up to 30mph). I plan to put on rain gear or hunt in the shooting house in the am if its raining lightly, but I don't know what I'll do if the wind is that rough. That is some serious wind!!!

What is your high wind strategy?

Well, I'll tell u this if I only hunted the favorable wind I'd hardly get to hunt. I would be willing to bet u see something regardless with all that wind but who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalker

RobbyW

I don't care what the weather does I just like being in the woods. If I get a chance to go I go. You never know what is coming towards your stand at any time.

If it's real windy I don't like to be high up. Those are good days to sit on the ground for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter

One of the biggest bucks I ever killed was on a day with 25mph gusts. I still hunted my way around a large farm. My buddy was with me. He missed a descent 8 and I killed a big ten. Obviously it's not going to work every time but it did that day. Slowly stalk around and look over/ glass the woods and fields around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PcDeer

Not ideal conditions but I'll be out there about all day. Just enjoy the opportunity to be in woods and if a biggun shows up its gravy.

Hunter 257W

Saturday is the true opening day of deer season so weather doesn't matter - I'm gonna hunt! Wind is never a good thing but I did kill one of my biggest bucks on one of those days with strong wind gusts that make you want to stay in bed. The fact that you have to get to your spot by john boat though has to be considered. Don't put yourself in danger because of the choppy water if it gets too rough.

Latest posts