Truck for sale

TNTreeman

I have a 79 with the inline six. That ol' 300 is one of the greatest engines ever built. My 79 is fully restored. I have maybe $12-14K in it.
My old 86 is being restored right now. It's got the 300 in it and they are tough old engines. Getting tires,wheels, and a 2.5 " lift kit on it this week.

jetwrnch

FWIW, I don't think the shackle is a rust issue based on the pic. What looks like heavy rust is flaking undercoat. Replacement shackle kit is less than 50 bucks. Sounds like it may have been overloaded causing the broke shackle and transmission. Don't throw in the towel too quickly and get a new mechanic. That could be a sweet truck.

Hduke86

FWIW, I don't think the shackle is a rust issue based on the pic. What looks like heavy rust is flaking undercoat. Replacement shackle kit is less than 50 bucks. Sounds like it may have been overloaded causing the broke shackle and transmission. Don't throw in the towel too quickly and get a new mechanic. That could be a sweet truck.
That was my thought also, thinking it's just that "rubberish" coating cause the bed cross supports look good and the frame in that area looks "good"

Latest posts