Trout?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Local city lake was recently stocked with trout. I have never tried to catch one and since they aren't wild here this is my only option. What would you use and is a trout stamp required for sportsman license holders? Thanks :)

Diehard Hunter

Corn or powerbait. Rooster tails would probably work well also.

No you do not need to buy a trout stamp if you have a sportsmans license.

Unicam

Tell ya a trick I use in Cookeville when I have a chance to trout fish the stockers. I put a couple rooster tails on and troll the lake in the little john boat. Trout hit and the fight is on. My kids have a blast!

catman529

corn under a bobber or a couple of split shot to keep on the bottom. use a small hook just big enough for 1 or 2 kernels is best. The powerbait seems to be like crack too but corn is cheaper. Trout magnets if you want to go artificial. The trout will usually hold together in certain areas especially for a couple days after stocking.

our trout stocking was cancelled this month because the river access was recently restored and they are waiting for vegetation to grow on the bank.

BigPete357

I use trout magnet under a float just off the bottom. If the fish are in the mood, you pretty much catch all you want.

Latest posts