Trespassers

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenscope

If you catch a trespasser on your property and they wont tell you where they parked and wont tell you there name what action are you able to take?

MUP

You can't hold them against their will, sadly. This would constitute unlawful detainment. Have the GW # on speed dial and try to garner as much info as possible from them, WO putting yourself in a dangerous position. I'm not LEO, but I've dealt with numerous trespassers and meth addicts on my property in the past. SCN or Biggun4214 will be along shortly to advise you on your legal avenues to pursue.

scn

The best course of action to take when you can't get the info to identify the persons is to take their picture. That documents the violation and will hopefully help law enforcement identify the persons for later prosecution. In most cases you would be violating the law if you try to hold them at gunpoint.

If the persons are just on your property and are not hunting, do not call the wildlife officer. That situation is a violation of the Title 39 trespass statute and the agency to call is your county sheriff's dept.

If the persons are on your property and are hunting without your permission, that is a violation that TWRA can prosecute. Call your local wildlife officer or the regional office for that violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts