Treestand recommendation

gun nut

Looking at adding a lock on yo the mix anyone use a millennium m100u also what climbing sticks? I've been looking at lone wolf,xop,millennium so far I think I like the millennium the best

Volbuck777

Millenniums are great, I have one and I could sit all day in it. I don't remember which one it is but it's by far my favorite out of the 4 lock on stands I own.

Ski

Will it be mobile or permanent/semi-permanent?

If it's not mobile you might look at the Game Winner Oversized Hang-On at Academy Sports. They're super comfortable and easy to hang. And they're like $90.

Trnr

Ive got an M100u and an M7 microlite. The 100u is my go to for longer sits and the micro is great for 4-6hrs (for me) I used to think Summit climbers were the most comfortable stands....until I bought a Millenium. The sticks I use are API huntin' sticks (i think) they were in sale at Bass pro and were similar in size and weight to others just cheaper.

To be fair, Milleniums are the only hang on stands Ive ever owned so I cannot compare them to others.

If youre in Middle TN you can borrow mine to test it, Ill just need it back before muzzleloader (lol)

Vince

Another vote for Academy Game Winner for comfort but I haven't used any others so don't know if they are better. I used it all last year, and could sit in all day very comfortably. (Installation-wise, putting the stand up in the bracket was a real pain; wore me out to the point of calling Jesus on one last try and it worked, for both my stands. Lifting 15+ pounds in one hand to insert in a wobbly bracket strapped to the tree wasn't fun. Regardless of how tight I ratcheted the male bracket around the tree, it wouldn't stay straight when reaching to lock in top part of the stand into the bracket and click in.)

Over the years, I think I have seen real good reviews on this site for Millennium lock-ons.

Ski

Another vote for Academy Game Winner for comfort but I haven't used any others so don't know if they are better. I used it all last year, and could sit in all day very comfortably. (Installation-wise, putting the stand up in the bracket was a real pain; wore me out to the point of calling Jesus on one last try and it worked, for both my stands. Lifting 15+ pounds in one hand to insert in a wobbly bracket strapped to the tree wasn't fun. Regardless of how tight I ratcheted the male bracket around the tree, it wouldn't stay straight when reaching to lock in top part of the stand into the bracket and click in.)

Over the years, I think I have seen real good reviews on this site for Millennium lock-ons.

The problem was tightening the bracket. Leave it just loose enough that it can tilt forward so the stand can slide on. Then you can tighten with stand in place.

Top Pin

I'll be that guy…If you haven't tried a saddle, you might want to give it a whirl before investing in a heavy hang-on setup. If you aren't interested in the saddle route, I'd go with the Beast or LWCG stands. Lighter the better for ultra mobility.

Latest posts