Food Plots Trees

JAY B

Looking to purchase 10 or so fruit trees( not bare root ), pear/crabapple in particular. I am in east TN anyone have any recommendations?

G@TOR

I've been looking also for my property in Meigs. Found a place in Bama about two hours from Chatt selling 5 gal pots for 30.00 each and say the will bear fruit next year. I was hoping to find somewhere closer.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
It's been hard to find places locally. Check local nursery. I found a place but when I was looking at their apple trees, all of them had the apple cedar rust going on. They had about 100 cedar trees on the next isle. I left them there. There was a guy on facebook near Knoxville that had fruit trees in pots for 30 each. Look on Market Place.

I ordered 10 trees from Morse Nursery, they were highly recommended but they new owner frank has let the quality go down. I wasn't that impressed with my trees, they were ok, but not worth 35-45 I paid for them. I also ordered trees from Mossy Oak native nursery. I've not planted them yet, but they were packaged well and looked great.

TN has a group you can order trees from. I bought some plum and mulberry last year from them. They did really well for 1.99 each. I ordered 12 persimmon this year from them. Picking them up in March.

I bought a bunch of pear and apple last year at TSC on clearance in June and again in Sept. I got 36 trees for 7.50-9.00 each. Planting them in Feb & march. I've got them against my house, they have really grown well. I also bought dunstan chestnuts at Rural King last fall on clearance. They had them for 2.75 ea.

BigCityBubba

I am in West TN but I order everything from starkbros.com. I have planted probably 30 fruit trees over the last 5 years and the ones I have gotten from them have had the highest survival rate.

If you go to a nursery, try to find one that will at least give you store credit if the tree dies in less than a year. Not realizing you bought a dead or dying tree, planting it, and then realizing its dead and you not only wasted your time but also your money really sucks. The nursery near me only warranties their trees if you pay them to plant it. I have bought from nurseries around Nashville that warranty their trees for a year as does lowes..

Last edited:

Chickenrig

Look at the Wildlife Group nursery in Tuskeegee,Al . They have online ordering . The bare root trees are great and like stated above will catch up to a potted tree quick.
I was just there and picked up some Nutall oaks and some chinese chestnuts to add to my permanent plots! Got em in the ground and just waiting on time now !!

Latest posts