Tree Saddles

CROW74

Ok I'm in the market for a tree saddle. So you saddle hunters school me on what works best for you guys.I've watched videos all day on them and still don't know which route to go. Interested in the 2 panel design. Let me know you guys thoughts the good and bad.

catman529

I've tried a few now and settled on the Cruzr Archon 2 panel. You'll find that most people that make the Tethrd mistake end up in something different soon enough.
I've used Tethrd saddles since I got out of the old Sit Drag and have no complaints. A lot of the newer saddles mimic the Tethrd designs so I'm not sure what you mean. There's lots of good options on the market.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
Second year in the H2 sling shot and have no regrets. I have considered getting another saddle that is mesh instead of the canvas that I currently have. The canvas is warm if walking in and out early season. The Cruzr saddles look well built and I like that they are built locally here in TN (a mile or 2 from TN Tech). They have a setup in their store so you can try out the saddles before purchase if you find yourself up that way. However, the true test is hanging from a tree in one for a few hours. Good luck with your search and it is a great way to hunt.

Easy3actual

I use a Tethrd phantom. At first I had so growing pains but figured out what parts I didn't like and figured out a solution. I bought set of suspenders and that changed it up big time for me.

Think about your climbing method too. My first set of sticks were Lonewolf and I didn't much care for the alternating step pattern. I got a set of beast gear sticks and love the double step design.

JT262

anyone try to us a lone wolf hand climber method to climb with and as your platform instead of sticks and platform a lot easier and less to carry when saddle hunting?

PickettSFHunter

anyone try to us a lone wolf hand climber method to climb with and as your platform instead of sticks and platform a lot easier and less to carry when saddle hunting?
I use one quite a bit to muzzleloader and gun hunt in remote areas. Sure is nice to just carry it and nothing else. Works great if you know you have straight trees. I have not yet found a way to really lock it down good for standing/bow hunting/ really leaning out. Also, with bow hunting, that exact tree is alittle more important so if it's not straight and limbless then your out of luck. This being said, I haven't messed with mine a lot to get it locked down good. I need to figure that out before next season.

Gravey

I've just been putting everything together this year with plans of testing it out over the next year then diving in next year. I bought a Cruzr XC, tethrd skeletor sticks, trophyline mission platform, and also a Lone Wolf Custom Gear .5 hangon in case I don't like the saddle. May stick with both depending on how I like them or could keep only 1. Just gotta get some time in a tree with both to see what I like and/or don't like.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I have a Tethrd mantis and hawk helium sticks. I use the bottom from my API bowhunter as my platform, The weight wasn't my issue, I wanted to be able to climb any tree, that's why I have the saddle. I also have an Out on a Limb Solo scout platform I use occasionally. I have been using it for 2 years and like it well.

Dumbluck

I've used spurs to climb, sticks, and have a out on a limb one stick that I have settled on which I really like. My preference to get up in a tree is SRT but I need a preset to do it in the woods in the dark. I love being able to get in almost any tree. I don't like the movement that comes with a saddle, you have to move around more to scan the woods and I sometimes feel like if Stevie Wonder was a deer he would see me in a saddle even if I'm in a lot of cover. It has its advantages but I prefer my climber if I know I have a tree to climb.

tree_ghost

I don't like the movement that comes with a saddle, you have to move around more to scan the woods and I sometimes feel like if Stevie Wonder was a deer he would see me in a saddle even if I'm in a lot of cover.
To me this is the biggest drawback. I'm going to build a very minimalist prototype saddle this off-season to pair with my hang on. My experience this year was that the saddle system with dump pouches and all is just a little to bulky and not quite designed for stand use. I do feel like there is a perfect marriage between the two that will be my go to from here on out. I just gotta design and play with it first.

Shanman

CROW74.....
Depending on where you live, go visit Cruzr out in Cookeville and let them help you. Another option is to find someone close to you that saddle hunts and get with them, guys on this forum or over on the Saddle forum are usually more than willing to help. One thing I've come to realize is that a saddle needs to fit YOU, doesn't matter what works for the next guy unless your build is similar to his. I picked up a Cruzr Archon this season to try out and found it to be a great saddle but not as comfortable as my Flex, no doubt MY BUILD and final adjustments are the determining factors.

Latest posts