Tree Saddle

kasey

everyone i have talked to love them.they say they don't use there tree stands anymore.i have a treesuit it will be my first year useing it.

Radar

I was a little hesitant of using it last year because I thought it may not be comfortable for long sits , but from what I have read on other forums , most guys say they are very comfortable to sit in .

BowGuy84

I really like mine. Use it on some public land here in KY. I use climbing spikes or this year I am also going to have a set of 11 lb rapid rails. they are comfortable, but get some knee pads. I didnt wear mine cuz i thought they were for wusses and my knees ended up bruised. Will have them on this year. If ya have any questions shoot me a pm but it is a great product to round out ones hunting.

Furthermore, they are some great people. It is a family business and they are always so nice at the hunting shows and just down to Earth.

Radar

BowGuy84 said:
I really like mine. Use it on some public land here in KY. I use climbing spikes or this year I am also going to have a set of 11 lb rapid rails. they are comfortable, but get some knee pads. I didnt wear mine cuz i thought they were for wusses and my knees ended up bruised. Will have them on this year. If ya have any questions shoot me a pm but it is a great product to round out ones hunting.

Furthermore, they are some great people. It is a family business and they are always so nice at the hunting shows and just down to Earth.

Thanks for the info . I plan on using Lone Wolf sticks to climb , and strap on steps for to place my feet around the tree .

Radar

stealth308 said:
I used mine last year and i loved it. I bought a set of climbing sticks to use. I am buying another set of climbing sticks so i have more then one area to go to. I used the screw in step they work ok. Not alot of low branches to climb were I hunt. Lot easier climbing a mountain with the saddle the a tree stand.

Was it comfortable to sit in for long periods ?

Radar

stealth308 said:
I broke it in at oak-ridge and got one the first day. Make sure you have enough steps to go around the tree.

I'm going to use a few strap on steps around the tree , along with my Lone wolf sticks to climb with .

Radar

I'm going to trim the bottom limbs from one of my pines trees and practice in the back yard . Most of my trees are less than 10 years old ,so it's hard to find one big enough to put the sling on .

Radar

I have been playing around with it in the back yard . I might need a butt pad and knee pads for long sits , but it seems comfortable .

Radar

onebuck said:
Do you think somebody with a bad lower back could comfortably use one?

I would think it would be more comfortable than a conventional stand because you can lean back and rest your knees against the tree .

Radar

I practiced out of it yesterday . I need to be more upright and keep my knees locked to keep my body more stable to aim . Still trying to find the most comfortable position to sit and position the tree saddle on my butt for long sits .

Latest posts