Traditions XR

double browtine

I bought some at bass pro back before the season. I didn't shoot them long distance for a group. I think I shot about 5 shots to get on zero with the new cva wolf that I bought. Behind 100 grains by volume of 777 loose, it was a complete pass through at 30 yards on the 2.5 yr old buck my daughter shot this past season. The blood trail was comparable to the TC shockwaves I shoot with the same amount of powder out of my Knight and Remington Genesis. The buck ran about 50-60 yards after the shot. It was a quartering too. That was the exit side. Didn't take a picture of the rib cage after we skinned it.

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_072233.jpg
    IMG_20201107_072233.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 126

Gray Squirrel

I bought some at bass pro back before the season. I didn't shoot them long distance for a group. I think I shot about 5 shots to get on zero with the new cva wolf that I bought. Behind 100 grains by volume of 777 loose, it was a complete pass through at 30 yards on the 2.5 yr old buck my daughter shot this past season. The blood trail was comparable to the TC shockwaves I shoot with the same amount of powder out of my Knight and Remington Genesis. The buck ran about 50-60 yards after the shot. It was a quartering too. That was the exit side. Didn't take a picture of the rib cage after we skinned it.
Thanks appreciate the input. Saw a few 15 count boxes at Walmart on sale for 14$. Bought one to try but I'm used to shooting Barnes TEZ with two 50 gr pellets of 777.

GMB54

That is nothing more than a Berry's ML bullet they have offered for years. Like 10+ years. They just changed the sabot/tip color and acted like its some new wiz bang bullet.

You can get a similar plated bullet from Harvester for about $26/50 plus the price of a pack of sabots. I cant imagine what makes a plated bullet worth a buck a shot.

Last edited:

double browtine

That is nothing more than a Berry's ML bullet they have offered for years. Like 10+ years. They just changed the sabot/tip color and acted like its some new wiz bang bullet.

You can get a similar plated bullet from Harvester for about $26/50 plus the price of a pack of sabots. I cant imagine what makes a plated bullet worth a buck a shot.
Cool. I think I will just order some from them. Thanks 😊

sun

Traditions also sells only the Ridgeback sabot for $9.95.

Latest posts