Traditions NitroFire Muzzleloader

CHRIS WILSON

double browtine":tnhgftse said:
Saw this on Instagram today! Not sure where it will be legal during muzzy season though.

https://youtu.be/wRbIFVDTK2A

Interesting concept. Not sure if it'll be legal in TN, or many other states for that matter, during the muzzleloader season. Though the bullet is still loaded from the muzzle, the powder charge is loaded from the breech. Page 14 of the TN Hunting guide states: " Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those firearms which are incapable of being loaded from the breech." I'm sure that it'll raise quite the debate on what defines a muzzleloader.

Wobblyshot1

By definition I don't think it would be legal to use during muzzle loading in Tennessee. While the projectile is loaded from the muzzle the propellent is loaded from the breech. Tennessee's hunting rules say a muzzle loader must be incapable of being loaded from the breech....another gimmick imo.

451LRML

Harry Pope shot his Breech Loaders this way 100+ years ago.
Also, the non-retained case reminds me of the old H&R Huntsman Breech plug- opening the action on a delayed ignition would not be good.
Also requires FFL.
I'd agree with being a gimmick.

Attachments

• CCE49AA1-8F52-4AE5-B211-07AF71507380.jpeg
    CCE49AA1-8F52-4AE5-B211-07AF71507380.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,583

GMB54

Do you enjoy $2.70 per shot just for the powder (FireStick) and being locked into 1 vendors propellant. You will have your choice of 100gr or 120gr and as of right now we dont actually know what "Triple 8" powder is. All we know is MSRP is $26.99/10 and only Federal is selling the Firesticks.

GMB54

Converted Scout for under $500 by Center Punch USA
A pound of smokeless is under $40 and you will never need more than 65gr of it. That a ton of shots and no rust plus WAY more speed. A few compatible powders are even under $30/lb.

The NitroWizbang whatever is looking like a $500 rifle that needs a form 4473. So i dont get why anyone would be interested in it. You can shoot BH209 just fine in virtually any 45/70 conversion.

CHRIS WILSON

GMB54":1flhi5ci said:
Converted Scout for under $500 by Center Punch USA
A pound of smokeless is under $40 and you will never need more than 65gr of it. That a ton of shots and no rust plus WAY more speed. A few compatible powders are even under $30/lb.

The NitroWizbang whatever is looking like a $500 rifle that needs a form 4473. So i dont get why anyone would be interested in it. You can shoot BH209 just fine in virtually any 45/70 conversion.

Agree....So many other good choices out there. This seems more like a solution looking for a problem. Plus, if I need to fill out a 4473, I'd just rather do the scout conversion for smokeless and call it done.

GMB54

The good news is......We might get a new granular powder too. Hodgdon Triple Ei8ht is what is used in the Firesticks. So maybe just maybe BH209 will have competition and the prices will come back in line. BH209 pricing has gone through the roof in the last year or two.

Hodgdon was issued a trademark for Triple8 on 1/14/2020. I think its unlikely they wont sell it as a loose powder. Sofar i cant find a new patent issued so they might be making it under another patent such as Western's. Many years ago Tony Knight and Hodgdon talked about the "red powder project" it was basically a smokeless powder for MLs. So we might have something new that has been shelved for many years or we might just have some rebranded BH209?

BullDawg Bill

This is now legal, the definition has changed:

7. Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those firearms in which a projectile (rifle) or projectiles (shotgun) must be loaded from the muzzle (front) end of the barrel and the firearm being of design and manufacture that prevents the projectile(s) from being loaded from the breech (rear) end.

Wobblyshot1

This is now legal, the definition has changed:

7. Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those firearms in which a projectile (rifle) or projectiles (shotgun) must be loaded from the muzzle (front) end of the barrel and the firearm being of design and manufacture that prevents the projectile(s) from being loaded from the breech (rear) end.
That still makes the Ferguson flintlock rifle illegal 😳

Latest posts