Food Plots Tractor Repair Recommendation?

gil1

I'm buying a friend's '92 Ford tractor, and it needs work. He warned me not to go to Ford/New Holland because it's pricey. Any recommendations for a good mechanic or shop? The tractor's in Dickson, and it's going to Hurricane Mills (Humphreys County), so I was hoping for somewhere in that general area. Thanks!

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm buying a friend's '92 Ford tractor, and it needs work. He warned me not to go to Ford/New Holland because it's pricey. Any recommendations for a good mechanic or shop? The tractor's in Dickson, and it's going to Hurricane Mills (Humphreys County), so I was hoping for somewhere in that general area. Thanks!
What's wrong with the tractor?

FTG-05

About 5 years ago, I took my tractor to the local farm store instead of the Kubota dealer. My "thinking" at the time was to shop and spend my money locally instead of with a big dealer.

Worst tractor mistake I ever made. It was a 3rd function/remote rears installation. They forked up the hydraulic plumbing, killing a $300 3 spool valve. It leaked like a sieve, basically requiring me to reinstall and retighten almost every hose and fitting.

So be careful where you take it; you sometimes get what you paid for.

gil1

What's wrong with the tractor?
A metal piece from the tractor broke off that holds the front end loader. Needs welding. A/C not working. Owner wasn't aware of it, so it could just be freon. Don't those old diesels need the old type of freon? Problem with the clutch making you jerk when you put it in gear. Could be big deal or small deal. There's a hydraulic leak in the back. Owner said it wasn't a big deal. Need some new LED lights so I can work some at night. I think that's it. Interested?

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
A metal piece from the tractor broke off that holds the front end loader. Needs welding. A/C not working. Owner wasn't aware of it, so it could just be freon. Don't those old diesels need the old type of freon? Problem with the clutch making you jerk when you put it in gear. Could be big deal or small deal. There's a hydraulic leak in the back. Owner said it wasn't a big deal. Need some new LED lights so I can work some at night. I think that's it. Interested?
Yeah, that's quite a few things. The welding shouldn't be a problem finding someone to do that, but the rest is going to take a shop to diagnose. I've repaired (and even rebuilt a couple engines) on my old ford tractor but I've done nothing in the transmission or hydraulics.

Latest posts