Took a long time

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
But we finally got everything ready.
Bought another battery and installed it.
Aired one of the tires up.
Put new line on one reel.
Changed the baits on 5 set ups before we left.
Drove all over the country and called every store around looking for a throwable device and finally borrowed one from a buddy.

My "baby boy" finishing his bait tying on before we headed out yesterday. :D

firsttrip.jpg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Fencepost,
The motor has power tilt and trim.
It doesn't work.

First comical thing was when I put it in reverse to get it off the trailer and the motor tried to climb up in the boat with me. (wasn't locked in position)
Second was when I was ready to pull it out of the lake and the motor was then locked in position and there is no lever to release it.

Pull, tug, pull up, back up, finally put my boots on and waded behind the motor and pulled the locking pin all the way out to tilt it up enough for man to pull the boat out of the water.

I was thinking, this is FUN ! :D

catman529

RUGER said:
Fencepost,
The motor has power tilt and trim.
It doesn't work.

First comical thing was when I put it in reverse to get it off the trailer and the motor tried to climb up in the boat with me. (wasn't locked in position)
Second was when I was ready to pull it out of the lake and the motor was then locked in position and there is no lever to release it.

Pull, tug, pull up, back up, finally put my boots on and waded behind the motor and pulled the locking pin all the way out to tilt it up enough for man to pull the boat out of the water.

I was thinking, this is FUN ! :D
my tiller 5 horse does not lock, so when you reverse you have to hold it down so it doesn't come out of the water. It's a good thing though if I ever hit stumps or logs, or the river bottom. The motor will just bounce up. It does have a pin to adjust the trim but it sits on top of the pin and can still be raised up at any time.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Crosshairy said:
catch anything?

Where'd you go?

Didn't catch squat.
Had a blast.
Went to Garrett Lake in Weakley County.

More of a trial run this time, but as soon as the weather straightens out we will catch something..........maybe ;)

Latest posts