Tomato help raised beds

chimneyman

I ve got about 5 raised beds for my tomatoes, One of them has had tomatoes planted every year for at least 7 years. While the plants look healthy they are not producing as well as the others. I know you should alternate plants. But other than that any suggestions for after this summer Thanks

BlountArrow

I'm no expert, but I'll tell you what I do....I throw the manure to it. I wouldn't hesitate to do it now and especially in the off season you could do this and start builing up your bed. I hear you have to be careful about "burning" plants up but I've either always used manure that was a little older or just been lucky because I've never had that problem. Just about any place with some horse stables is more than happy to let you come get it and some will even load it for you. Check with McNutt's Horse Stables on Old Niles Ferry Rd.

chunkandwind

Look up Cascade minerals and get you some. It replaces all the trace minerals. If you can't get worm casting see if you can find mushroom compost. Also add some Epsoms salt when you water. Start at 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and top out at a tablespoon.

If you want to really see results go with blood meal, bone meal, crab shell and a few other things. Let me know and I can hook you up. It will cost a little but you will never have a garden as good.

Latest posts