Today at the range.

Big Gun

Last week I was trying to sight in my new Omega and couldn't get a good group at 100 yards. I was using 90 gr. powder and a 250 gr. shockwave. I bought 2 different kind of bullets and some 777 pellets and went back today.
I started out with 110 gr. of powder and the same 250 gr. shockwave and still didn't get the results I wanted so I switched to 2 777pellets and a 240 Hornady xtp. The groups improved but not what I wanted. I then tried 2 777 pellets and the new Knight easy load sabots with 290 gr. Barnes bullets. This proved to be the winning combo. I shot 4 shots, I felt myself pull the third so I shot the fourth. 3 of the 4 are touching at 100 yards, so I gave it a few clicks to bring 'em left and now I'm good to go.
aniszo.jpg

encore06

Big Gun, what bullets are you using. I have an Omega and it is very hard to load. The barrel is squeaky clean. I am currently shooting 120 grains of 777 loose and the new Knight Ultimate Slam bullet/sabot combo. The sabot is a 4 petal, yellow. I like the accuracy, but loading is a pain.

DuckBuster

I got me a new omega this year and shooting the 250gr shockwave superglide sabots and 100gr 777 powder and at 100 yards had 3 bullets cutting same holes...

CHRIS WILSON

Nice group. Muzzleloaders are like any other rifle; they have likes and dislikes. Sometimes you've got to try a few different loads before you find one that clicks with that particular rifle. Looks like you found it.

Big Gun

Carl said:
Big Gun, what bullets are you using. I have an Omega and it is very hard to load. The barrel is squeaky clean. I am currently shooting 120 grains of 777 loose and the new Knight Ultimate Slam bullet/sabot combo. The sabot is a 4 petal, yellow. I like the accuracy, but loading is a pain.
I'm going with the new Knight easy load sabots with Barnes 290 gr. hollow points. They are much easier to load than the old Barnes bullets.

Duckbuster,
I tried the superglide 250 gr. Shockwaves and they wouldn't group any better than about 8" @ 100 yards. I tried 90 grs of loose Shockey's Gold powder and then 110 gr. Neither would group well.

encore06

Big Gun, I just visited the BPS site and apparently they have switched sabots in the Knight US series. It's the same bullet, but different sabots. I purchased my from BPS back in the summer. If you've read my other post, I order some sabots from MMP, which they recommended for my problem.

Latest posts