to buy new or not to buy

CountryBoy053

Im struggling with the thought of either A) buying a brand new bow or B) just do some maintenance to mine.

Right now Ive got a bit of an older bow, Parker Trailblazer XP. I like the bow, shoots really well, but I cant decide to just fix it up, or buy something else, either a Matthews or a Diamond.

I need a new string for it. I was thinking a while back there was a guy on here that made strings, energy wave or something to that effect.
I also am thinking of going to a 1 pin sight.

What are yalls thoughts on it?

remke

Matt @ Energy Wave is great to deal with, I have bought several stings from him..
I have 2 single pin sights, like them both, alot easier to see what your aiming at.
But I would buy a new one and then put the new string on there that makes your bow yours.
Then put a single pin on it. I like my HHA foe hunting.

UTGrad

Well if you can spend the $$$ for a new Mathews it will certainly be an upgrade to the Trailblazer but the Trailblazer will kill deer just as dead so there you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountryBoy053

remke":3f82xhjh said:
Matt @ Energy Wave is great to deal with, I have bought several stings from him..
I have 2 single pin sights, like them both, alot easier to see what your aiming at.
But I would buy a new one and then put the new string on there that makes your bow yours.

Which hha do you use. I was looking at them earlier today.

muddyboots

I was in your dilemma a few years back. My mom bought me a bow for Christmas. It's amazing how much they improve in 5 years. Not saying ur old now won't kill just I'm a sucker about every six years. Lol I use the hha with the dial.

Mike Belt

I used to "upgrade" every couple of years. There was nothing wrong with my older bows and they killed deer as dead as any new bows on the market. I finally settled in to just keeping and shooting what I had.

smalljawbasser

in 2013 i bought a new bow to replace my 2005 model. it was a huge upgrade, in terms of shoot-ability. a person could probably justify the expense of getting a new bow and selling their old one every 5-7 years. i've bought used bows from people i know before in shorter cycles than that. ymmv.

UTGrad

I wasn't going to budge from my 2013 Spyder Turbo but the riser improvements and new cable guard on the Nitrum Turbo were worth the switch to me. I used to sell the previous bow to procure funds for the new bow but I kept the Spyder Turbo. It's a sweet shooter.

TNReb

I'm in the same boat. I've been shooting a Switchback XT. It shoots better than I can, so I don't really have a reason to switch, other than wanting a newer toy. I'm completely torn on what I would buy.

Part of me really wants to try the Elite and Obession that a lot of people rave about (and people I trust). However, I'm not into doing my own bow work and not having an authorized dealer closer by kind of turns me off. I hate to buy a Mathews just because that's what's available, but I didn't dislike them when I tested a couple this week.

remke

CountryBoy053":2enwdfn8 said:
remke":2enwdfn8 said:

Which hha do you use. I was looking at them earlier today.

I don't remember the model name or number, it doesn't have the crosshair like a rifle scope, ot the sliding shade thing to cover the fiber. Witch a buddy has one and its very cool. That's what I would go with, if your looking at HHA

jeff ll

I'm in the same boat. My bow is older and set-up to shoot aluminum arrows, which seem to be hard to find now. To change it over to carbon arrows going to cost about $250. So do I buy a new modern bow or sink money into my old old bow. Wouldn't mind having a new one because bows have come along way.

Latest posts