TN and MO...oh my lord

K-dub

They have no go scorer and Zeigler wouldn't see the floor again until we were up 30. He is a turnover waiting to happen and somehow can't figure out that he can't score under the basket amongst 7 footers. Once again he was responsible for 6 Missouri points in the span of a minute in the second half tonight.

scn

As soon as Santi short armed the first free throw, I knew how it was going to end up.

I actually think it ends up helping the Vols more than hurting them to have this type of game. The regular season was over for them when they lost twice this week. It is now all about the tourney.

Coming back from 17 down may be a help somewhere down the way. I was really surprised with how they came back in the second half. A lesser team would have rolled over.

I am a big fan of Zeigler, but, he hasn't played great ball this week.

wayne

I hope all of you anti-Barnes folks are happy when he is gone and TN is back in the NIT most years instead of the Big Dance.

Morons.
Nit championship would be better than a round of 32 loss.

Again.

Gravey

Left for church and they were up by 3 or 4. Get to church and check it and they're down at half. Leave church and phone alert goes off saying they lost by 1 and I think "not again!" Now sitting here I flipped to the 10:00 news to see the sports and see the game winner. Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me?!?!

THEdonkey0515

I hope all of you anti-Barnes folks are happy when he is gone and TN is back in the NIT most years instead of the Big Dance.

Morons.
I hope Barnes coaches at UT till he cause it quits.

But 2 out of the last 3 guys before branes got UT to a sweet 16 (pearl and Conzo) branes has had Really good talent at UT, but has falling short many times. So I understand fans frustration. He returned almost a whole starting 5 and added a 5* UT shouldn't be losing these games they are favored by double digits.

Last edited:

scn

I'm not sure about the less talent. I think the Vols have two players that might be starting for other teams in the SEC. Some of those Bruce teams were pretty good.

The NCAA is all about matchups and luck. Unless you are a totally dominating team (like some of the Duke, UCLA teams), it comes down to who you end up playing. We saw that with the Sister Jeans and even Purdue.

Just like KY caught a ST Peters team that got hot at the right time.

No matter how good a team the Vols have or who is coaching them, I go into the NCAA with hopes and no expectations.

Latest posts