Timney Trigger ?

7mminatree

Never tried one on a Ruger, but I have on Savage, Winchester and Remingtons. I have been very happy with all applications.

danny1975

Don't know about a ruger but I install one on my Remington 3006 and love it . It came from the factory at a 1.5lb. The only thing I did to it I adjust the over travel on it , where now it's perfect .

meat hunter

The aftermarket triggers are great if you don't know a competant gunsmith who can work your factory trigger. All of my rifles except for my AR's have smith worked triggers at 16-24 ounces. My gunsmith does the trigger job for $35. I'm pretty sure there are no quality triggers available for that kind of money.

Grainger

meat hunter said:
The aftermarket triggers are great if you don't know a competant gunsmith who can work your factory trigger. All of my rifles except for my AR's have smith worked triggers at 16-24 ounces. My gunsmith does the trigger job for $35. I'm pretty sure there are no quality triggers available for that kind of money.

So, what kind of triggers/work have you done to your AR's?

I've got a "new to me" Bushmaster "Patrolman's Carbine", it'll need some trigger work done.

meat hunter

Koyodiak said:
meat hunter said:

So, what kind of triggers/work have you done to your AR's?

I've got a "new to me" Bushmaster "Patrolman's Carbine", it'll need some trigger work done.

I don't have the AR triggers worked on anymore. I like the Rock River NM two stage triggers. I buy them online from different places. Right now JoeBob's Outfitters has them on sale for $95 shipped.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
meat hunter said:

I went to a gun shop a few years ago after having trouble with my Browning trigger and told the guy I wanted a Timney trigger for it.
He said ok but your fixing to spend alot of money for nothing.
I can do a trigger job on it and you will love it.

He was right. $30 later I had a 3/4# pull on it.
Took some getting used to being that light but I love it now.

Latest posts