Time with my Grandfather

Pilchard

I was lucky enough to spend a few days in the woods with my Grandfather. The plan was to hunt Saturday-Wednesday but unfortunately my trip got cut short by a call from the wife. Our new pup is having some issues and is in rough shape so I was needed at home.

My Grandad is still out there and is going to try to hunt this evening and tomorrow morning.

We drank way too many beers, a bunch of whiskey and might not be welcome back at the Mexican joint in Watertown so I'd say we had a great trip!

On Sunday I was lucky enough to get a shot at an 8pt that isn't huge but he's the biggest deer I've ever been able to kill. Last night I was able to kill a doe.

My grandfather has been in deer most sits but hasn't been able to get a shot. Hopefully he connects tomorrow morning and I can run back to the lease to help him get his deer.

A special thank you is in order to @Dbllunger. Buddy, you are very generous and once again I feel like I owe you one. Having my grandad on the verge of tears when he called me to find out if the gunshot he heard was coming from me is something I'll cherish forever. I wouldn't have had a crack at that deer if it wasn't for you.

Memories made!
B2A2C81D-9DAC-4D29-81CD-D86433A60D8C.jpeg

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I was lucky enough to spend a few days in the woods with my Grandfather. The plan was to hunt Saturday-Wednesday but unfortunately my trip got cut short by a call from the wife. Our new pup is having some issues and is in rough shape so I was needed at home.

My Grandad is still out there and is going to try to hunt this evening and tomorrow morning.

We drank way too many beers, a bunch of whiskey and might not be welcome back at the Mexican joint in Watertown so I'd say we had a great trip!

On Sunday I was lucky enough to get a shot at an 8pt that isn't huge but he's the biggest deer I've ever been able to kill. Last night I was able to kill a doe.

My grandfather has been in deer most sits but hasn't been able to get a shot. Hopefully he connects tomorrow morning and I can run back to the lease to help him get his deer.

A special thank you is in order to @Dbllunger. Buddy, you are very generous and once again I feel like I owe you one. Having my grandad on the verge of tears when he called me to find out if the gunshot he heard was coming from me is something I'll cherish forever. I wouldn't have had a crack at that deer if it wasn't for you.

Memories made!
View attachment 155503
Most beautiful deer ever killed! Tell grandpa good luck!

Chiflyguy

Memories made!
View attachment 155503

"We drank way too many beers, a bunch of whiskey and might not be welcome back at the Mexican joint in Watertown so I'd say we had a great trip!"

That sounds like a story by itself.
👍👍👍👍

Gravey

That's awesome and the hunt was successful way before you killed those deer. My granddad I grew up hunting with died in 2007 and probably didn't hunt a good 5 years before that. What I wouldn't give to have one more time in the woods or on the lake with him. He bought a camper somewhere between 1980-82 that we used to hunt out of. My uncle kept it and used it and before he died from cancer 7 years ago I went and got it and today it sits on my lease so a part of Pap is with me every time I go. Don't take it for granted and I'm sure you don't. Beautiful buck too! Oh and @Dbllunger is an alright dude too. When i turkey hunted there a few years he helped me out with some recommendations on where to go.

Latest posts