Tick Repellant

Diehard Hunter

Drink enough alcohol and you won't worry about them.

if you don't want to do that, use Permanone or Duranon on your clothes.

Radar

Please note , Permenone can only be sprayed on clothing , not the skin . It will make you very sick .
I coat my clothes with it a day before I'm going to be out in the woods . It has to be dry before it is effective .

Drop 4/5

Is Permethrin a spray, liquid, lotion etc. and where can it be purchased. Is it applied to skin or clothing.

Thanks Ron

scott co htr

Thanks for the link Radar. Our Wal Mart quit carrying this a long time ago. I have never had a problem with bugs while using this product. Just ordered two cans.

mike243

just found a brand new bottle of Repel 100% DEET on the fridge i had forgotten about,i have always had good luck with this,mike243

J.Maples

It might be a smart idea, after your safari to soak in a tube of hot water that you have added bleach to, this will take care of any difficult critters left on you. Works for me.

LeatherLungz

[font:Comic Sans MS]Interesting topic.

My grandfather, he used to keep coal oil (kerosene) handy in a pump sprayer for bush work.

Leon[/font]

Bowdacious

We always sprayed the boys clothes before we packed them for scout camp. They never got ticks. Spray under wear and all...especially socks. Spray it, let it dry and pack it up.