Thuddy-Thuddy Struck

String Music

I haven't been able to hunt much since my wife and I welcomed a baby boy on Nov 10. I'm certainly not complaining about that although I could have planned it a little bit better...

I killed my first deer with my dad using a 30-30. After years of using my .270, I fixed up one of my dad's old 30-30 and was able to kill a nice doe with it this evening. Best part was he was with me in the stand. It was a pretty special hunt. It's not always about killing a trophy in my book.

The Hornady 160 gr bullet dropped her in her tracks at about 80 yards. I'll be carrying this tough little rifle more often.

c6cf8520f25315d20d1aadbc39bfb44e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csi-tech

I like the camaraderie that deer camp brings. The camping is as much fun as the hunting. So far we have two 120 class 8 pointers on the ground, more to follow. Sounds like you are taking care of the ol man. Big thumbs up!

rolltide22

Great hunt indeed brother!! More deer have been taken with a 30-30 than any other. A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. Congrats and great deer.

THEdonkey0515

Nice!

I still like using my marlin 30-30 I killed my first with every now & then.

I took it out last year for the first time in 7 years.

Would like to get another kill with it.

Daniel90

Congrats on the deer and the new baby. I have a 3 month old killed a 8 yesterday and I decided to miss the first rifle opener in 10 years to stay with the family and I'll have to say it feels good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cbhunter

Well done man, congrats on a great hunt shared with your father. I am in the market for a 30-30 as I too miss my younger days of terrorizing deer with one.

winchester77jj

Special thing to have success with your dad hunting with you. And I know I still use the ole 336 marlin Dad gave me when I was 11. Almost 30 years and it still gets the job done.

Poleaxe

That's great. I have been begging mine to hunt with me again for years missing the days we laughed and joked in the tree but I can't ever talk him into it. Bet that was just as fun as the harvest. Congrats. Congrats on the baby and cherish every second. Mine turned 8 today and it seems like yesterday he was born.

DRSJ35

congrats i started using a 30-30 last year that i bought.I also used a 270 for a long time.I like the little 30-30 marlin It's easy to carry and short.I havn't killed anything with it yet but season isn't over yet.

Latest posts