Three leg buck &9 pt

JAY B

MDGC0152.jpg
MDGC0390.jpg

BSK

VERY cool pictures. That 3-legged buck is the perfect example of how a front leg injury affects the opposite side's antler growth.

Great 9-point too (pushing 10-point).

Boone 58

BSK said:
VERY cool pictures. That 3-legged buck is the perfect example of how a front leg injury affects the opposite side's antler growth.

X~2..............

catman529

Interesting to actually see a photo of a wound on one side causing a deformed antler on the other side... cool but also sad for the deer. Wonder what the heck happened to it.

BSK

BigNock79 said:
...but man I hate seeing a pic like that just makes you sad in a way or it does my anyways. I would think I would have to burn a buck tag and put that lil feller down if he came by me.

I think you would be surprised by how tough deer are and how little they let major injuries bother them. Outside of primates, animals appear to have a ver different "pain" response than humans. In fact, with humans, much of the physical pain we feel is created in our minds.

I once shot a nice buck that was hot after a doe, jumping over fallen trees and running full tilt. Yet during butchering it was found he had a completely broken femur. The two ends weren't attached. That kind of injury would have caused a human immobilizing pain.

Coach

BSK said:

I've got one on my wall that had a rear leg injury and it effected the opposite rack also BSK...actually, it was a hip injury. Nice Pics!

Latest posts