This weather...

BSK

Models are now all over the place (spring weather is very hard to predict). The Canadian model has it down to 20 degrees Saturday the 11th. The European and American models do not have it that cold, and don't have the front coming in as fast. The CFSv2 is back to having a deep freeze around Wed/Thur the 15th/16th.

tellico4x4

Models are now all over the place (spring weather is very hard to predict). The Canadian model has it down to 20 degrees Saturday the 11th. The European and American models do not have it that cold, and don't have the front coming in as fast. The CFSv2 is back to having a deep freeze around Wed/Thur the 15th/16th.
I tried looking at those things a couple days ago & have never seen so many " Lows" on one map in my life

ChaplainMann

2-Step Enabled
This weather is really starting to worry me. We have Bradford Pears in full bloom in Nashville. In February. Please tell me this is not going to be a year where everything blooms in March and then we get a big freeze in April that kills all the fruit/nut crops like in 2007. Another acorn failure in my area would be an unmitigated disaster after losing the entire crop last year. In the 35 years I've been keeping records, we've never had two total failures in a row, but there's a first time for everything.
i live in murfreesboro about a mile from MTSU, there are flowers starting too bloom outside think they are tulips or iris not sure.

deerhunter10

2nd earliest I've ever mowed. Mowed February 14th one year just once then we got cold enough not to mow again til mid March. But I started last week on the first. This week mowing about a half schedule will be a full schedule next week. I would be shocked if we don't get a freeze and really mess everything up.

BSK

2nd earliest I've ever mowed. Mowed February 14th one year just once then we got cold enough not to mow again til mid March. But I started last week on the first. This week mowing about a half schedule will be a full schedule next week. I would be shocked if we don't get a freeze and really mess everything up.
Take a look at the forecasts for next week, right around St. Patrick's Day. Forecast temps in the 20s.

I remember the year it was green leafed all over the ridge tops in turkey season. Then we had a HARD freeze. Afterwards it looked like a fire had swept through the tree tops and the leaves fell off.

That year we were hunting well into November with a thick canopy of green leaves. Fall occurred in DECEMBER in places and the rut was pathetic!

Andy S.

I remember the year it was green leafed all over the ridge tops in turkey season. Then we had a HARD freeze.
2007, remember it like it was yesterday. I had a terrible deer season, but my best friend had an awesome deer season. He found the few red oaks in the area that had acorns and had deer all over him that fall. Meanwhile, I was struggling to see just a few each day.

BSK

I remember the year it was green leafed all over the ridge tops in turkey season. Then we had a HARD freeze. Afterwards it looked like a fire had swept through the tree tops and the leaves fell off.
That was 2007. In Middle TN, that year we also experienced the worst EHD outbreak I've ever seen. Brutal late freeze, total loss of the acorn crop, extreme heat and drought in August and September, massive EHD die-off. It was the perfect storm.

That year we had bucks that were so unhealthy their antlers didn't harden properly. When the velvet came off, the tips of all the tines and beams were black and you could dig your fingernails into the antler material.

BSK

Looking at a real cold pattern the next few weeks. We're going to get some hard freezes in there. We shall see how much of an impact that has. Although the Maples are already tassling in my area, the oaks are not.

JCDEERMAN

White oaks in my area aren't doing anything yet. That could be a blessing with a couple of freezes coming next week. I hope that will delay the white oaks. We need a white oak acorn crop badly this fall.
Need it really bad! We have had very inadequate acorns starting in 2019. Way overdue for a bumper crop

Bone Collector

Shorter range models are now all suggesting a freeze the end of next week, around the 10th. GFS has another freeze the following week.
yep. temps will drop into the mid 30's tomorrow. Didn't look past that too closely, but saw the rain chance next week and assumed cold weather would be behind it. all the trees are budding and blossoming... depending on the severity of the freeze could mess them up pretty bad.

wobblegobble

My herd usually doesn't start shedding until this time of the year! However, this it was a whole month earlier due to the lack of acorns I believe!

Latest posts