Thinking about tryin public in the morning

93civEJ1

So the spot I hunted last year part of it got sold and the one of the owners doesn't want anyone on the land cause he's afraid his cows will get shot. The people I got permission from last year who used to be in the family that owned it says go ahead that they have my back if anyone says anything. Thing is I don't wanna be disrespectful to someone that's totally not even related to them anymore. So now I'm afraid to hunt on the other side of the creek this year. So now I'm thinking about just saying forget it and maybe going public in the morning where I know I can go anywhere. The thing is I don't know where to begin on public for turkey. I knew where the birds were on this small plot of land but if I go in the morning I'm may just go all day and try to hit a Locator and never hear or see a thing. How are public lands for turkey?? Crowded??

catman529

Pick a random spot that looks good, but not obvious to other hunters from the road... I wouldn't use locators but that's just me. Get there well before daylight and listen for roosted birds gobbling on the limb. Good luck

93civEJ1

Got here about 15 min ago. I'm actually very surprised at the amount of vehicles here. Doesn't give me much hope honestly. I've pulled over and gonna listen if I can and just see what happens.

93civEJ1

Actually it seemed like everyone was doing the opposite of that. I thought I got there earlier but their were vehicles everywhere. I didn't really bother hunting honestly due to the amount of vehicles already there and me feeling like crap.