Thinking about a new bow?

Navy Mustang

I realize I am opening a can of worms, but here goes...

I have not been actively bow hunting since 2004. My last Bow was purchased in 2001, a Parker outfitter. I am set for retirement this year and have the itch to get a new hunting bow. I like things simple for Archery and just want a quite durable bow. The selection these days is mind boggling. Any recommendations for a simple man?

bowhunter163

There are so many choices for budget bows right now it's crazy . And every company is making such quality equipment nowadays , they will all shoot as good as the person on the other end of the bow lets them . It's all about what fits in your hand and feels the best for YOU.

easy45

I just bought a 2012 Martin cougar, just as fast but half the price of the bigger name bows and I absolutely love it so far, everybody else on here won't even suggest a bow and you do need to shoot a few but give Martin a try.

PinchPoint

bowhunter163 said:
There are so many choices for budget bows right now it's crazy . And every company is making such quality equipment nowadays , they will all shoot as good as the person on the other end of the bow lets them . It's all about what fits in your hand and feels the best for YOU.
^^^^^^^^

bowhunter163

easy45 said:
I just bought a 2012 Martin cougar, just as fast but half the price of the bigger name bows and I absolutely love it so far, everybody else on here won't even suggest a bow and you do need to shoot a few but give Martin a try.
martin makes a good budget bow ... I would check out Pearson as well , amazing shooting bows !

Crow Terminator

I am not big on PSE bows...but I will tell you this. I shot all the 2013 bows they have out this year. They have a new one called the Drive. Their flagship bow this year is called the DNA...when I shot these bows I preferred the Drive over the DNA 10-1. The draw cycle on that Drive is soooo smooth and that bow is pretty doggone fast...very quiet too. I've been telling everybody since I shot the thing that is looking for a budget friendly bow....that Drive would be the first one I went to look at.

Best of all...brand new $499.

http://pse-archery.com/c/pro-series-com ... black-camo

Boone 58

URL=http://s293.photobucket.com/user/camoman270/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130411_165606_176_zps3188151e.jpg.html]
IMG_20130411_165606_176_zps3188151e.jpg
[/URL]

2012 Hoyt Vector 32". I bid off ebay and my favorite of the great bow companies out there. Even the hunting set up still blisters at 314 fps. HHA 5019 sight and simms stabilizer. I shoot rage. Retired my Hoyt Razor tec after 10 seasons. Many companies to choose from and most all are really great.

Ckirk4bama

The diamond outlaw is a nice bow for the money I shot it last year. Plenty fact decently smooth and from what I hear they have a pretty good warranty and customer service program.

punkcat

Do you want new or used? I have an 09 Mission Eliminator I might let go. It's only been hunted with one season and maybe shot 50 times.

Mr.Bro

You say "simple".Simple is not the same as inexpensive.

If you really want simple.Get a single cam bow with a Whisker Biscuit.

And i just happen to have one.

2009 Mathews DXT,60lb,30in draw.Loaded for $550.