Their eating it up on the Bar

Winchester

Fished a lil Torney on Watts Bar over the weekend and had a ball. Tourney was from 6:30 till noon and I caught almost 40 Largemouths and Spots, with 25 being 15" keepers or better. Didnt catch any big ones (4.5 ls biggest) but won it with 5 that weighed about 13 lbs. I was kinda surprised to find the post spawn bite as good as it still was, but Im not complaining! :D

TN Larry

Congrats, sounds like fun. I know that the post pawn bite on the Hill has been unreal the last couple of years for quality and quantity. It has always been decent but the last few have been set up perfect for everything. A buddy and I were off work Memorial Day week a couple of years ago and absolutely smoked them that week. We caught so many flipping that I had a huge bruise on my rib cage from my flipping stick digging in on each hook set. It got to where it hurt to set the hook, but it sure was fun.

Winchester

TN Larry said:
Congrats, sounds like fun. I know that the post pawn bite on the Hill has been unreal the last couple of years for quality and quantity. It has always been decent but the last few have been set up perfect for everything. A buddy and I were off work Memorial Day week a couple of years ago and absolutely smoked them that week. We caught so many flipping that I had a huge bruise on my rib cage from my flipping stick digging in on each hook set. It got to where it hurt to set the hook, but it sure was fun.
Thats the second best bruise I can think of! lol sounds like fun!
Ive spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours fishing Melton Hill, as I live less than 2 miles from the lake! The Hill can be feast or famine, but I grew up fishing it and still love it!

TN Larry

Winchester said:
TN Larry said:
Thats the second best bruise I can think of! lol sounds like fun!
Ive spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours fishing Melton Hill, as I live less than 2 miles from the lake! The Hill can be feast or famine, but I grew up fishing it and still love it!

:D Actually meant Center Hill, but either way a lot of fun. They are biting the same way now, I have just not had time to chase them. Instead of serious fishing on Sunday, I took my 3 year son bluegill and shellcracker fishing. That can't be beat. He had an absolute blast and is hooked big time. That is the third time that I have took him this year, and he has reeled in nearly everyone. Ultra light rod, 4 lb test, 3/4 to 1 lb shellcracker and the smile on his face as he is saying "Big one, Big one, Get the net!" - Pricelss