the rut

r1100s

My wife saw a spike chasing 2 does and 2 fawns tonight in putnam, I saw 2 yearlings pestering 5 does and going nuts over buck bomb drags last year on opening day of muzzleloader from the same stand. This tonight is the first pesturing we have noticed

hitek7

Same as last 2 years would suit me... Usually kicks off in Marshall county around first of Nov.

botta

The rut is now! I seen a doe mount a spike. :) Lol..
Mid November gets real good Lincoln and Giles County till end of November. Seems the same roughly.

WORM82

I seen 4 good bucks last night still running together. Been getting pics of an 8pt and 4pt that are still running together.

Prowler

In the areas I hunt of white, Cumberland, and Putnam counties I see more chasing and general daylight buck movement the week of thanksgiving, and almost as much the week before.

deadeye 77

what about the last week in October people really talk about the week of Halloween seeing good bucks.has anyone got good responses from bucks when using your grunt call or rattle bag or horns at that time just wondering.i am hunting Jackson county this year and trying to get info on what people are experiencing when they hunt around there.

BSK

deadeye 77,

Although I don't have any hard data for Jackson County, considering its location, I would assume your peak breeding is somewhere around Nov. 15-20. However, that doesn't mean that is when you will see the most "rut" activity. Normally, bucks are most active during daylight the two weeks prior to peak breeding, as they seek the first receptive does. So expect to see the most buck "cruising" in daylight the first two weeks of November.