The RAIN!!!

Good time Charlie

Man I don;t know about you guys but I have had a lot of rain lately...had 2 cameras leak.....Don;t know where?I got them fixed.... Gooped arond every spot that even looked like water might get in. ....1 was in a seahorse and they are almost bomb proof.
I must have shut a twig or something up between the rubber gasket.I would have bet money that one would not leak.

It took a lot of work...but did not lose a board or camera...Got to love them homebrews..there was a quart of water in that seahorse P52.The SS11 was completely submerged.
If you guys in east Tenn. have not checked your cams ...you probably need to.

gil1

Yeah, I learned the hard way about shutting the case with twigs in there. I lost an entire homebrew that way last year. One of the things I've done is to spray silicone on the seal/gasket from time to time and wipe it off.

The other is to create a cover or lid for the cam. I just buy a Tupperware tub, cut it in half, spray paint it camo, and you have two covers. It's actually more for helping with rain splatter on the case lens, which sometimes causes blurry pics. until the lens dries itself. If the case is leaking, moisture will get in whether there's a lid on top or not. The cover pictured is a little too short.

P3050001.jpg

P3050006.jpg

P3050009.jpg

Good time Charlie

Great Idea,thats what I love about this place ,hmmmm...momma gonna be missing some tupperware.
Thanks for the Tip Gil,I seen on Camtrapper they wrap inner tubes around the seal.but if is leaking around ..lets say where you drilled the pipe thru or lens hole.

You got that camera upside down?
I never put one in the bottom.

PickettSFHunter

Must have been something in it. I need to check mine out, especially since I put a new build out right during the rain. You can have a camera pass dunk tests all day long but then leak in the field. I pretty much know my Bushnell is going to be drowned.

Latest posts