The hunt you dream about in the offseason!

PalsPal

Two birds gobbling at my 10:00 maybe 150 across bushogged field. They are at the back, slightly left edge, roosted. I'm just inside the treeline on the right side of field.

There's another gobbling in the hardwoods at my 4:00 200+ yds.

All are gobbling good. The one at 4:00 sounds like ges on the ground. I wait to call until I heard the devil hen that has messed me up already this year.

I decided to go aggressive, and started cutting and cackling.

All 3 go nuts. I hit them again, repeat.

The one at 4:00 is coming hard, so I butt-scooted around the tree. He gets to 80 (I can't see him) and has a gobbling fit, and stands his ground for 5 minutes.

I scratched the leaves and soft clucks, and he finally breaks and walks perfectly from 1:00 to 11:00 behind a tree root ball and steps in front of the gun barrel at 30 steps.

Probably a 2 yr old, but a great memorable hunt that lasted maybe 25 minutes.

Attachments

• 20230419_061558.jpg
    20230419_061558.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 76

kaizen leader

Two birds gobbling at my 10:00 maybe 150 across bushogged field. They are at the back, slightly left edge, roosted. I'm just inside the treeline on the right side of field.

There's another gobbling in the hardwoods at my 4:00 200+ yds.

All are gobbling good. The one at 4:00 sounds like ges on the ground. I wait to call until I heard the devil hen that has messed me up already this year.

I decided to go aggressive, and started cutting and cackling.

All 3 go nuts. I hit them again, repeat.

The one at 4:00 is coming hard, so I butt-scooted around the tree. He gets to 80 (I can't see him) and has a gobbling fit, and stands his ground for 5 minutes.

I scratched the leaves and soft clucks, and he finally breaks and walks perfectly from 1:00 to 11:00 behind a tree root ball and steps in front of the gun barrel at 30 steps.

Probably a 2 yr old, but a great memorable hunt that lasted maybe 25 minutes.
Nice. Congrats. đź‘Ť

Latest posts