The govt is coming

jc0313

Is this the same government that recently gave billions of dollars in military weaponry to the Taliban, gave control of the southern U.S. border to the Mexican cartels, and continues to funnel tax payer dollars in the billions to crooks in Ukraine?

Because if it is, they can go eat a bag of d!cks.

MUP

Summary

The Department of Justice is proposing to amend Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives ("ATF") regulations to require that any person who stores explosive materials notify on an annual basis the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials are being stored of the type of explosives, magazine capacity, and location of each site where such materials are stored. In addition, the proposed rule requires any person who stores explosive materials to notify the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials were stored whenever storage is discontinued. These changes are intended to increase public safety.

DaveTN

Is this a change from local to "Federal"? I know this has been asked a bunch here, but I don't recall ever seeing a good answer, do local fire ordinances not require this already, although maybe with larger amounts?

In doing a quick look at this document, I don't see any minimum amounts for anything. So I assume it includes everyone with any amount. Although I guess that could be in one of the other documents they quote.

For some reason it appears the "List of Explosive Materials" (ATF Publication 5400.8) is only available on request and not available for download from the ATF Distribution Center as most everything else is.

But since they use both "explosives" and "explosive material", I'm sure everything is included.

Although he hardly ever works, Bidens people are working day and night to get anything he can blurt out as "the most significant gun legislation in decades" anytime he gets in front of a microphone.

Locally we have Tennessee legislators with the help of a Republican Governor making a mockery of or legislature to help amplify their national standing on gun control.

backyardtndeer

As I said in the other threads, I can foresee a compliance issue, if they pass such. I don't believe the ATF has the authority to be making regulations, think there was another recent case on that very premise. They are acting above their authority, under the current criminal occupying the White House.

jlanecr500

I used to work production maintenance in a factory that made airbag inflator with solid rocket fuel inside. Just like smokeless rifle powder, it is NOT an explosive, it burns rapidly. That is what we were taught. If solid rocket fuel is an explosive, everyone who owns a car with an airbag inflator will need to notify the ATF on an annual basis where their car is stored.

UTGrad

I used to work production maintenance in a factory that made airbag inflator with solid rocket fuel inside. Just like smokeless rifle powder, it is NOT an explosive, it burns rapidly. That is what we were taught. If solid rocket fuel is an explosive, everyone who owns a car with an airbag inflator will need to notify the ATF on an annual basis where their car is stored.

ARC Automotive?

SSlater

I did a lot of work there 20 years ago. I like the humidity controlled lab and the room full of toasters.