That one pulled a little bit

Crow Terminator

Went to some different water this morning. Looking for walleye below Watts Bar dam. Not successful. But did get a decent size drum and a few other fish. What's bad is...some guys nearly ran me over and their wake about dumped me out of my boat. In trying to catch my balance, I stepped on one of my good rods and snapped it. I was NOT happy. Ended up going down river from the dam and found a bunch of big white bass at the mouth of a creek and sat there catching those for HOURS til the rain and wind came. I was casting Road Runners to them and they were hitting so much and hard, they were ruining the jigs and bending the hooks!! Caught a little bit of everything there. Look at the belly on this little Spot...that thing was stuffed with shad and still chasing.
20231030_092052.jpg
20231030_092102.jpg
20231030_113512.jpg
20231030_113508.jpg

Crow Terminator

Haha there ain't no smallie in those pics. A drum and a spot. I did several things...bouncing a jig/paddletail off the bottom, casting to wood with the road runner, drifted with the current when they turned the turbines on. I kept my options open. I just don't tailwater fish all that much. I was surprised it was only 5 to 8 foot deep for a pretty good stretch below the dam though. Much shallower than I would have thought.

Dbllunger

Yeah. They are almost the same fish!

I actually have never caught a freshwater drum oddly enough.
You ain't missing nothing. I've caught my share, your share and several other peoples share. Bouncing jigs near the bottom fishing tailwaters directly below a dam is a surefire way to catch them. Other hand you also can catch some great small and largemouth this way too.

Latest posts