Terrible Fight!

smokepolehall

I watched from my tree stand about 8:30 am this morning. Fangs slashing, horrible growling, claws digging & dust n leaves flying! Big male Yote slipped in about 32 yds & miss vixen whooped him good n proper. GT II Montec G5 100 gr BH & it was broken & BH ruined after pass-through hitting a rock.

005-7.jpg

shopson

Its bad to have that much money tied up in killing a yote. Bout $16 a shot for me if I ruin or lose bolt and broadhead. Nice kill.

BlackBelt

shopson said:
Its bad to have that much money tied up in killing a yote. Bout $16 a shot for me if I ruin or lose bolt and broadhead. Nice kill.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I hate it when I lose a bolt with a broadhead or mechanical on it, because like you said, it's a $16-20 loss.
However, it dawned on me one day that I was making memories, not pinching pennies.
I felt a lot better after I started thinking about it that way.

smokepolehall

The cost of an arrow with BH isn't a loss its an investment fer yrs to come. I knowed if'en the turkeys quail rabbits chipmunks could talk they would thank me. I just saved thousands of lives with that kill

4onaside

smokepolehall said:
The cost of an arrow with BH isn't a loss its an investment fer yrs to come. I knowed if'en the turkeys quail rabbits chipmunks could talk they would thank me. I just saved thousands of lives with that kill
I'm not sure that these dogs have much of an effect on turkeys. We have a substantial population of coyotes, but we have a good population of turkeys, also. IMO the egg eaters, skunks,coons and possums are a bigger turkey problem. Maybe you ought to go out and pop a few of those.........at $16 a pop. lol

smokepolehall

4onaside said:
smokepolehall said:
I'm not sure that these dogs have much of an effect on turkeys. We have a substantial population of coyotes, but we have a good population of turkeys, also. IMO the egg eaters, skunks,coons and possums are a bigger turkey problem. Maybe you ought to go out and pop a few of those.........at $16 a pop. lol
I didn't see any possums nor coons nor skunks to shoot so i shot this Yote. I am very glad y'all have a large population of yotes, wish all these here in Mo. would come to live with you,lol

4onaside

smokepolehall said:
4onaside said:
smokepolehall said:
I didn't see any possums nor coons nor skunks to shoot so i shot this Yote. I am very glad y'all have a large population of yotes, wish all these here in Mo. would come to live with you,lol
Swap you some Armadillos for some coyotes! At least the yotes clean up our deer and turkey carcasses after we clean them. The possums on the half shell just dig large holes. And dig, and dig, and dig. lol