Tennessee's NIL machine!

PalsPal

Hate the way college sports are going, but we all know it's been happening for decades anyway. If this is the future, it's good that we are at the forefront.

Tennessee, Miami, USC, Texas, Texas A&M and Nebraska are landing high-level college transfers and reeling in five-star high school players, many driven by individual mega-boosters or high-rolling donor collectives. The six schools are estimated to be among the biggest NIL spenders, those with knowledge of the collective industry say. And they all share a commonality—high-resourced football programs with deep-pocketed, passionate donors who are aggressively seeking to help their schools return to the glory days of yesteryear.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/10/nil-collectives-boosters-football-tennessee-daily-cover

THEdonkey0515

I hate the whole NIL crap. I mean I understand why it's happening but it will kill college athletics as I've known it my entire life. There will be college players making more money than some NFL guys.
They already are, they are alot of players on a NFL roster not making a million a year. They are now a good bit of college players that are.

If this is the route college is heading down you might as well start spending the money and use NIL to your advantage. Not saying I like it or agree with it. Coaches/fans can cry and all they want this is happening. I would want my program to jump into it early instead of dragging there feet mad.

Latest posts