Tennessee longbeard

CritterGitter

Went this morning, was worried about the wind but it was perfect early on. Got set up about 100 yards on 2 birds early . Took my time and got in steathy , found a good tree , got situated before i made a sound. Few light clucks and their attention was on me. 5 min go by , i get them fired up , think they both gobbled 4 times in a row . Then i hushed . Couple minutes go by of them solo gobbling then i hear wings and branches snapping. Next gobbles seemed further so i turned up the excitement. They were loving it , then i hush again. Next thing i hear is drumming . Took all i could to make some sort of turkey noise with my hands shaking. They loved whatever noise i made ,they both answered , in range. I let the call down , and got ready. Then i see 2 heads looking for me but i couldnt see a beard. I knew i was hid so i sat still. Few more steps , i see beard , touch the trigger and hes down. Called my dad to see how his morning was , couldn't wait to tell him the smoke was clearing ! Ranged the tree when i got him 25 yards .

CritterGitter

20230417_080204.jpg

Latest posts