Tennessee instant background check DENIED!!!

Thunderroost

it happens WAY more often than it should, you can see on their own website that a great majority are overturned on appeal, which proves to me they are just jacking you around because some knucklehead fat-fingered the keyboard while inputing your request.

happened to me once....they really had no explanation as to why. hasn't happened since.

Mr.Bro

Thunderroost said:
it happens WAY more often than it should, you can see on their own website that a great majority are overturned on appeal, which proves to me they are just jacking you around because some knucklehead fat-fingered the keyboard while inputing your request.

happened to me once....they really had no explanation as to why. hasn't happened since.

Nice to see someone who has never made a mistake on a keyboard.Oh yeah i haven't met him yet.Try the shift key to capitalize.Everyone makes mistakes.Not everyone will admit it.

7-08 fan

It has all been resolved now it only took 2 days so all in all it was no big deal, I have to give them a pat on the back for handling it so quickly and yes they did tell me that I was denied due to a mistake on their behalf.

Thunderroost

Mr.Bro said:
Thunderroost said:

Nice to see someone who has never made a mistake on a keyboard.Oh yeah i haven't met him yet.Try the shift key to capitalize.Everyone makes mistakes.Not everyone will admit it.

no thanks, I don't care for capitalization much myself. not sure why you are so defensive....in my case it was at a gun show and i lost the opportunity to buy a nice gun that is no longer produced. haven't seen a nice example at a decent price since. i'm sure your contribution to this thread was greatly appreciated, though

3006hollowpoint

Thunderroost said:

which website is that? and its the gov't, how would u be able to tell it's true info?

3006hollowpoint

762hunter said:
back when I sold guns there were cetain situations where a denial came through

sometime just a glitch

I can remember one time when a guy came in and was denied.

he was a JR and his faterh was not able to buy guns. they later overturned and he was able to buy once they found out HE was NOT his father.

pardon my ignorance, what is a JR - a minor?

Thunderroost

3006hollowpoint said:
Thunderroost said:

which website is that? and its the gov't, how would u be able to tell it's true info?

this is what I was talking about...shows approved, denied, appealed, overturned etc. for example in 2010, 7734 were appealed, and of those 4407 were reversed. 4,407 people given the run-around is how I read it.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/firearm_chec ... tats.shtml

Thunderroost

here is something else interesting...out of 298,832 transactions in 2010, only 2.78% had a final disposition of denied.

so 97+% of the time in 2010 this bureaucracy served no purpose other than to check on law-abiding citizens, and the other 2.78% can still walk down the street and buy a gun anyway. :(

Model70Man

Thunderroost said:
here is something else interesting...out of 298,832 transactions in 2010, only 2.78% had a final disposition of denied.

so 97+% of the time in 2010 this bureaucracy served no purpose other than to check on law-abiding citizens, and the other 2.78% can still walk down the street and buy a gun anyway. :(

You hit the nail on the head! You can make more money off of 97% of the people buying guns instead of 3%.

BuckWild

Thunderroost said:

Which is why I only purchase used from individuals...not a big fan of govt paperwork.

RC FROM TENN

i went in for a gun purchase and was denied sent in the appeal form on the 12th and waited about 2 weeks still waiting but i did talk with a supervisor at Tbi and he said they need the disposition on two charges the county clerk said the disposition on both cases one was a criminal trespass and the other that was an assault was dropped to a simple assault suspended. now I'm waiting another week.

DaveTN

i went in for a gun purchase and was denied sent in the appeal form on the 12th and waited about 2 weeks still waiting but i did talk with a supervisor at Tbi and he said they need the disposition on two charges the county clerk said the disposition on both cases one was a criminal trespass and the other that was an assault was dropped to a simple assault suspended. now I'm waiting another week.
The country clerk needs to resubmit it to the FBI showing the disposition, or it will happen again. Same thing happened to me on 30 year old charge, it didn't matter that it was a misdemeanor, at least with the TBI. I had purchased in several other states over the years and never had an issue. The TBI was worthless to me, it was the BATF that told me what was wrong and how to fix it.