Tennessee defense

wayne

I know I've poor-mouthed the defense a lot, so I got to looking.
Tennessee's Red Zone defense(td's and fg's) is ranked 8th in the country at 65%. Last year they ranked 121 at 92%. Obviously that number is going to go up with Bama and Georgia still left on the schedule.
And for the record, Bama and Georgia are tied at 33 with 77.78%.

THEdonkey0515

Bend but don't break type of defense. All zone spys on the running Qbs last few games don't risk giving up explosive plays playing man to man with subpar DBs versus good wide receivers. Tighting up in the red zone

If UT can hold the opponents to a few FG attempts and maybe a 4th down stop. That's all it takes for UTs offense to win In a shoot out against anyone.

With the offense not turning the ball over UTs +6 in the turnover margin as well the Defense actually got a huge INT vs Pitt and mutiple Fumble recovery against UF.

Forvols

I think this weekend, D will be pushed very hard in all aspects. Offense will be rushed, meaning short throwing time, short run route time. Running will follow suite to what the passing can do. But D wise, O needs to keep our D off the field for greater than 3 and out serval times. That starts occurring we will run out of gas.

THEdonkey0515

I think this weekend, D will be pushed very hard in all aspects. Offense will be rushed, meaning short throwing time, short run route time. Running will follow suite to what the passing can do. But D wise, O needs to keep our D off the field for greater than 3 and out serval times. That starts occurring we will run out of gas.
That reminded me alot of vol fans said this system would never work last year even when the O was scoring in record #s. The D can't keep up they to tired slow it down after your up a score.

Funny you don't hear that much anymore after a 5-0 start.
I agree you can't go 3 and out several times, but I don't care if the vols score in 3 seconds or 10 mins. Get in the end zone anyway you can and hope Bama makes a mistake.

This D gonna give up points and a ton of yards if the vols go on long drives with 0 points or 3 and out with 0 points.

chris1976

We are rotating 12 on the d-line. We are not gassing out like last year. But your right, we won't win going 3 and out on offense.

THEdonkey0515

Hmm, we don't go 3 and out. We use all 4 to get the first!

I think Heupel feels that punting is a sin!

One thing the defense is doing this year that I don't remember us doing last year is bringing pressure in several different ways. Plus our DLine is making plays.
3 for 3 on 4th down last week.

11-14 on the season.

Heupel will pick and chose good times to go for it. We seen him kick the chip shot FG to go up 10 against LSU. He could have went for the 4th and 2. We then seen LSU in the same situation on the next Drive they could have kicked a chip shot FG to cut the lead to seven. They didnt and the 4th down call got blew up giving all the momentum back to UT.

I don't care if he made it or not that was a horrible call for florida to go for it on 4th and 7 from there own 27 in the 3ed. Kelly's call on the 4th and 10 at midfield with 17 seconds left before half was just as stupid.

Latest posts