landman

Looking at shooting pistol with Pro Hunter for deer
next year
Anyone doing it?
Best factory round?
I'm looking at 14" barrel 30-30

Thanks

280longshot

I had a 7-08 it was very manageable, and I have shot the 30-30 it grped better with less recoil..
I would go for less recoil whatever your choice is

Frank G

Landman,
Pistol :) oh ya that is all I hunt with. There are so many great and easy to find cals of a handgun.
I actually set up a T/C Encore 2 years ago for muzzle loading. Purchased it with every intention of going ML, was a super deal, couldn�t it pass up. Now that S&W group owns T/C could not purchase ML barrel thru them so I went after market. It originally was equipped with a 480 Ruger barrel and rubber fore grip, 12 inch. If you have an Encore, I�ll cut you a super deal on it plus about 100 rounds of ammo 325 gr (came with it) 1400 ft/sec. I have no plans of ever using it. If interested send PM will send images. I did fire it a couple of times, considering I hunt with a S&W 460 XVR I would say the recoil would be in the range of a 44 mag or 454 Casull. Not all that bad. Will no question get the job done.

FULLDRAWXX75

You need to determine first, if you want to stay in the pistol cartridge class or jump into rifle cartridges. Then go from there, I have a very close friend who hunts exclusively with handgun, TC to be exact. He has about 6 different barrels, mostly custom rounds, because he reloads all his own ammo. Example: .30 Herrett, 6.5 JDJ, etc. I have seen him complete some very amazing shots with his TC.

FDXX75

KPH

If you reload you can expand what you get. My main one is a 357 maximum it is a longer cartage than the 357 mag. I reload with a 180 gr bullet and it will drop a deer.

landman

FULLDRAWXX75 said:
You need to determine first, if you want to stay in the pistol cartridge class or jump into rifle cartridges. Then go from there, I have a very close friend who hunts exclusively with handgun, TC to be exact. He has about 6 different barrels, mostly custom rounds, because he reloads all his own ammo. Example: .30 Herrett, 6.5 JDJ, etc. I have seen him complete some very amazing shots with his TC.

FDXX75
This is mostly coming from I'm being told the right
eye vision will be gone due to the radiation that getting
now. I'm right handed have a couple if TC MZs now
I shoot pistol both eyes open, just don't know how
Shooting left handed with be. I'm afaird I have shot
my last deer with my 700 Sendero, had the chance
to shoot one last week of season Lefty but it didn't
Feel right so I passed. I know a lot of this is early thinking
but I helps me from thinking about the worst that could
happen, trying to be positive about it and thinking
forward to next season as I normally to at this time of year,