Taxidermist suggestions for bobcat

Can anyone shoot me some suggestions on a taxidermist to use for a bobcat I have in the freezer? I'd prefer if they were in the west or middle part of the state but I'm open to farther away. This will be the first one I've had done and I want a good looking mount. Seems like 75% or more of the bobcats I've seen mounted looked like crap, with the main issue being the eyes not looking right.

Thanks fellas

TN Song Dog

Bobcats are tough. Many just don't look right in the face. Find the best, look at examples of their work, and pay the premium rate. It will be worth it to pay more to get it right.

My father in law had one done 2 years ago. Took a chance, went with lower priced guy at $450, and it's just ok. Not terrible like many, but not great either. Should have gone with a different person who was priced at $650.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TN Song Dog":3huz646r said:
Bobcats are tough. Many just don't look right in the face. Find the best, look at examples of their work, and pay the premium rate. It will be worth it to pay more to get it right.

My father in law had one done 2 years ago. Took a chance, went with lower priced guy at $450, and it's just ok. Not terrible like many, but not great either. Should have gone with a different person who was priced at $650.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I understand and agree with everything you said, hence the reason I'm asking for suggestions on good guys to do it. I'm definitely going to look at examples of bobcats that anyone suggested has done and I strongly agree that the cost of this mount will be way down the list of priorities.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into them. Had a buddy tell me to check out Artistic Taxidermy in Pontotoc MS and from what I've seen so far, he does some really nice work on cats as well as everything else.

Keep em coming.

WG Taxidermist

In my opinion the eyes are the most important part of a bobcat mount. You may already know how you want it done but this is one of my favorite forms to mount one on.
1b16a7735dd5da10f24c55255b453cff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Latest posts