Talk about penetration (pic)

catman529

I finished processing my deer today and got everything bagged and in the freezer (loins sliced and marinated for deer poppers)

I would normally never take this shot on a full grown deer, but being a young one and less than 15 yards, I took the quartering-to shot and the arrow passed through and landed on the ground behind the deer. It was a heart-lung shot.

When trimming meat off the right shoulder, I realized the arrow had gone in and split the ball joint apart, and you can see where one of the blades left its mark in the ball itself. This joint would normally stop your arrow on a big deer, but not this little one. The broadhead cut through 4 rib bones on the exit as well. I only pull about 59 pounds.

I just thought it was interesting and thought I'd share. I'm not trying to condone quartering-to shots, just showing what a good BH will do on a close-up young deer...

A782B5D2-130C-4CF1-B040-BF6FA834EF07_zpsmloif1kf.jpg

BSK

Considering the thread title, I was afraid of what I might find in this thread!!! :eek:

...didn't stop me from lookin' though! ;)

barkscaler

catman529 said:
BSK said:
catman529 said:
BSK said:
Considering the thread title, I was afraid of what I might find in this thread!!! :eek:

...didn't stop me from lookin' though! ;)
dirty old man :D

Darn straight I am!! :)
we all have at least a little dirty old man in us somewhere

Speak for yourself.I've never had a dirty old man in me!Lol.Some things are best left in the closet cat.

catman529

yeah so I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I should have chosen a different title. :D

I knew it sounded dirty but figured it would be one of those things that only one or two people would chuckle about... now everyone's gotta say something about it. lol

Latest posts