Talk about a BLUE gill !!!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
A guy posted these pictures on an ultralight page I follow on facebook.
He said they came from the Santa Fe river in Florida.
He said he caught this one plus about 10 more and all were normal except this one.
Of course being on facebook the majority of the comments were about bream v/s bluegill name 🙄

Anyway, I have never seen anything like this in my life.
Just curious if anyone else had.

bluegill.jpg
bluegill2.jpg

waynesworld

I always heard of bream but didn't know what anyone was talking about tell on one of you post last year on one of your threads the light bulb went off. We also used sunfish interchangeable.

NAjoe

Think i'd pass on that. Speaking of bluegills...my son is gettin whooped trying to catch crappie at realfoot. Isn't it supposed to be a bluegill meca too? Maybe he can catch some gills and ease the pain of not catching any crappie :p

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Think i'd pass on that. Speaking of bluegills...my son is gettin whooped trying to catch crappie at realfoot. Isn't it supposed to be a bluegill meca too? Maybe he can catch some gills and ease the pain of not catching any crappie :p
Yep I haven't fished it enough to know how yet
I had pretty good luck with crickets on the edges of the boat trails
Be prepared to get hammered by 1-2# cats though

Omega

Yep I haven't fished it enough to know how yet
I had pretty good luck with crickets on the edges of the boat trails
Be prepared to get hammered by 1-2# cats though
That is the size of cats I like, they fry up real good and taste IMO better than the bigger ones, though the big ones are fun to catch.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Used to catch a bunch of bluegill around the duck blinds when it starts staying good and warm.

Jmed

makes me wonder if the fish came from a pond or lake that was treated with Copper sulfate ( the blue stuff put in ponds to help with mosquitoes and algae. I wouldnt eat it.

Latest posts