taking a trip

eddie c

I got to get my stuff ready. my wife and I are planning to go to Tannehill state park in Alabama next weekend to the local archery club pre-spring fling shoot. I can't say I have all out cabin fever but I'm about ready to get out and do something.

sneakybow

I saw that weather forecast as well. Bummer because that's a great shoot to attend. Seems like they aren't setting as many targets this year as last though. Be a good time if the rain holds off.

Grant

weather looks ok, a small possibility most days and only one good chance of a thunder storm in the area may miss Tannehill completely!
And the course has water on it year round so muck boot are a necessity in spots anyway
I have camped thru several thunderstorms there in my tent with no problem water runs off very quickly just don't set up on low ground.
if this weather report scares you off you never want to go to the Tn Classic the rain is a given and usually in biblical proportions ;)

-gm-

eddie c

"if this weather report scares you off you never want to go to the Tn Classic the rain is a given and usually in biblical proportions ;\)"

it was like that at the WW shoot last year. :)
my wife said last night we have never gone on a camping trip it didn't rain. I just wished she had added 'why stop now?" to the conversation. :D
from the forecast I've been seeing the worst is Thursday night after sunset. I'm thinking go ahead and go.

Grant

Eddie the WW shoot was a light spring shower compared to the rain we get at the classic but it never hampers the good time had by all.

the camp sites around the showers and the pavilion where registration is are all gravel and asphalt with electricity and water and lots of shade so as long as the roof don't leak you should be fine.

Also I will have a LARGE POT of gumbo for Saturday night all are welcome until it is gone.
looks like at least four of the Twin Oaks Gang will be there so there will be a WhiteMans Fire on Saturday night also ;)

-gm-

eddie c

Funny how things work out. Wife gets sick and runs a fever so I end up playing male nurse and cook. Decided to wait until Friday to see if we can make the trip. Well, today I find out my Dad (who is in his 80s) needs my help this weekend. So I guess this trip wasn't meant to be.

Latest posts