Tactacam and scope mount.

Kirk

FedEx just delivered a new toy a few minutes ago. A Tactacam and scope mount for my Texan Air Gun. It will shoot video through an active rifle scope. I plan to get it installed and do some shooting tomorrow afternoon. Might even video a few hunts with the Texan Airgun during the upcoming firearm deer season.

That is not my airgun. Just used the picture to illustrate what it looks like.

Attachments

• Tactacam on airgun.png
    Tactacam on airgun.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 122

Kirk

Tactacam 5.0. I am not impressed so far. It has wifi and an app for iphone. 2/3rds of the time the wifi won't connect to the phone. When mounted on scope with the FTS adapter (film through scope) it is a nightmare to get focused. I took the FTS off and mounted it with a tactacam mount on top of my scope. it is decent quality mounted like that. The wifi crap is annoying because all the video settings are on the phone app. features like zoom and image stabilizer. It has been a real aggravating process.

Kirk

I will add another note. Tactacam support is non responsive. They have not returned support phone calls or answered email questions. After I submitted a support ticket I received an auto email response. Other than that auto mail I have not received any responses.

Rollo

What phone are you trying to connect with it? iPhone or Android? Apple had a recent OS update so it may not be communicating with the app properly. That's been my experience with app based products. Hope you get it working. If not, hope you can return it. I had one of those ATN digital scopes for a minute and it never would work properly so I was able to return it. I wish GoPro had some sort of lens adapter you could integrate to a rifle scope. All of those units have been great to me.

Kirk

Finally, after two weeks Tactacam responded to my support request. The camera had to be hard reset and then updated to a new driver. The Tactacam mini sd card had to be reformatted. Once the camera updates occurred the unit worked as designed.

Rollo

Finally, after two weeks Tactacam responded to my support request. The camera had to be hard reset and then updated to a new driver. The Tactacam mini sd card had to be reformatted. Once the camera updates occurred the unit worked as designed.
Sweet! Looking forward to some footage pretty soon.

Kirk

Tacatcam Buck Footage

The video was too big to download on the forum so I posted a link to it. The buck came in right at dark. I was surprised when I got back home and looked at the video. The Tactacam grabbed a lot of light and the video was a lot better than I thought it would be. I could barely see the deer through my scope and bare eyes.

Latest posts