Taco Night

Trapper John

This morning two shanks off a 2019 buck went in the slow cooker with three guajillo chiles, an ancho chile, a handful of garlic cloves, cumin, salt, and Mexican oregano and enough water to cover. Tonight I shredded the shanks, reduced the braising liquid to half of what it used to be, dunked the tortillas in the liquid and fried them in pork lard until crispy. Pretty good stuff.

Screenshot_20210914-190756_Instagram.jpg

Shag

I saw this yesterday. It looks awesome! I don't have any shanks or shoulder roasts left. But I had a boned out neck roast in the freezer. I've got it going in the crock pot now. I didn't have any fancy peppers so I just dumped in a can of diced green chilis along with the Mexican spices and garlic. It's smelling great already. Thanks for the idea!

Shag

Mine came out great! Wife and daughter both LOVED it. Frying in the lard before serving is what really sends this over the top. After frying, I put a little cheese and sliced avocado inside, topped with sour cream, fresh from the garden pico, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice…bout as good as it gets!

Latest posts