T/C Omega or Traditions Pursuit LT?

TCounty Hunter

I know what most of you will say, TC all the way. I have read the threads :grin:

However, I only use my ML 5 or 6 times a year, and dont really want to spend $400-$600 on one, so i think the latter will be fine. I have checked them all, CVA, knight, T/C etc... and have narrowed it down to the 2 in the title, mainly because of reviews I have heard, and the price

Traditions Pursuit LT with camo/nickel $239
Omega with black/bleu $298

$50 isnt a make or break deal for me, but i would rather have the camo/nickel barrel, but for the omega, that puts you in the $400 plus range.

of the 2, what would you prefer? anyone had to deal with traditions as far as warranty? I know TC stands behind theirs, dont know about traditions, and the spain versus US factor is truly my only concern right now with service, parts, etc..

Been Huntin

i would still go with the omega. i went with my friends lady to go get it for his b-day, and later on that day we shot it. it has a little thump about like a 30-06 and was very easy to clean compared to my remington m700 which is also very nice as well.

TCounty Hunter

thats good :D

i talked it out to the wife, which doesnt understand it all, but what i realized is that the only thing holding me from the omega is the black/bleu combo vs. the nickel barrel on the other. i guess thats dumb, and should just get it and keep it taken care of

Carl said:
See which fits your hands and shooting form the best. Then buy the Omega. :D

TCounty Hunter

WEll, i just bought the Omega, black on stainless. I am pretty pleased. I didnt want the black/blue one, and found the black/stainless for only $20 more, so i jumped on it. cant wait to test it out

encore06

Well done TCounty Hunter. If the barrel is as tight as mine, may I make a suggestion. Find some T/C Superglides or the new Hornady's Low drag sabots and bullets. I've heard good reviews on both of these regarding loading and performance. I'm using the new Barnes TMZ, but it's dang near impossible to load with the Yellow sabots that came in the package. I ordered some sabots on Monday from MMP Sabots. They came today, but they were too loose, in my opinion, so I called them and they are going to replace these with the HPH-24 sabots, which should ease my loading, as well as give me good accuracy. I also replaced my butt plate with a Sims Recoil pad. Makes a tremendous difference on the range.

Good Hunting, Carl

Goat66

Carl said:
I'm using the new Barnes TMZ, but it's dang near impossible to load with the Yellow sabots that came in the package.

You got that right! They're so tough that even with the right aligner I wonder if I'm messing up the cone of the bullet.

TCounty Hunter

Well i shot mine about 10 times yesterday. Shoots good, was using TC shockwave spire points. i am going to shoot some more today, ran out of light.

i DONT recommend the winchester primers either, your can hardly get it closed with it on there. I read somewhere that remingtons work better, going to get some today. i have 5 shocks left, and i may try the hornady or superglides next, see what works better. i didnt have any major trouble loading the 250gr spire points, and i cleaned between every shot.

Latest posts