switchback xt

Radar

Eric Kilby said:
A lot of people like them and after shooting one tonight I see why.. now I just have to decide is I want to spend money on a older switchback xt and tear it down and have it rebuilt or buy a brand new bow .. I think the money is going to be able the same on both

Most bows you can just replace the string and cables . As long as the limbs are okay , it shouldn't be a big expense . Depends on how much they want for the bow .

TNDeerGuy

Without a doubt, it is a fine bow. The Switchback is one of, and according to many, the best all-around bow Mathews has ever produced. If I came across a good deal on one right now, I would buy it myself.

Urban_Hunter

TNDeerGuy said:
Without a doubt, it is a fine bow. The Switchback is one of, and according to many, the best all-around bow Mathews has ever produced. If I came across a good deal on one right now, I would buy it myself.

X2

That bow has a bigger following than any other bow ever. Hands down. And, for good reason!

Crow Terminator

For Mathews bows, people still say it's the best bow they ever made. There hasn't been another bow that they've produced, that has had such a following. BowTech has a model that has a cult like following as well...the Allegiance. The short draw version of it is still as popular as the big brother, and it was called the Equalizer and stopped being produced in about 2008-2009. Bow companies have taken note of this and have tried to reproduce these models in some ways. BowTech brought out the Heartbreaker which is basically the Equalizer. The Strother Rush and Hope are both based on the riser geometry and cam design of the Allegiance, and are very popular for current production bows. Elite's bow the Answer is basically the Allegiance with more rounded cams...and it too is extremely popular.

G_Man

I was looking at an XT and a drenalin....ended up with the drenalin bc it was a little better priced. XT is a winner for sure though

TNDeerGuy

The Drenalin is another one of my fav Mathews bows�Mathews joined in on the speed craze and got away from the silky smooth draw cams like the DXT, Drenalin and Switchback cams in the search to arguably, but understandably, increase speed a whopping 10-20fps depending on the bow.

RussellvilleRob

I used to have a Switchback & without a doubt the best bow I have ever owned... I sold it to a 16 yr old guy on our lease & it hurts my feelings every time I see it....

Poleaxe

I bought 2 XT the first year they came out. Well one blew out of the boat inside the case coming home one night from hunting the river and got ran over by a semi. The 2nd I kept until last yr. I usually try and keep one a couple of years and get a new one but every year I would say I was going to and I would shoot the models from every year and I never liked any of them. To much kick, or to much vibration. So I kept mine. When I shot the Heli m I felt a lot of the low vibration that the XT had (main thing I look for) so I bought it. Wished I would've kept the XT for a backup.

Latest posts