mathews switchback

Nsghunter

I am possibly going to trade for a mathews switchback. I'm not familiar with them and didn't know where they stand in the mathews line. Are they entry level, middle ground or more towards the top. I can't say much about the bow because I don't know the string conditions or what options is has yet.

TreeNinja

Eric Kilby":2fi2cb11 said:
Top of the line for its day they quit making them in 2009/2010 i believe .. GREAT shooting bows many will argue that it is one of the best mathews ever put out and i tend to agree sold mine this spring to upgrade . . . Wish i would have kept it as a backup

Agreed! Great shooting bow. Super easy to tune and keep in tune. They are a work horse. Compared to today standards they lack in speed. But myself I am not a speed freak. I take accuracy any day of the week. And that bow for sure is super accurate.

TNReb

They came out around 2005. They're highly regarded - probably one of the better used bows you can find in that price range. I hunted with the XT for several years and had no complaints about it.

Ultimately, bows are very subjective. Try to shoot it before you buy it. Just because lots of other people like it doesn't mean you will.

Nsghunter

The bow comes with a true glow 3 pin, a whisker biscuit, case, release, and a few arrows. I am trading a Mossberg 500 12ga with rifled slug barrel and he agreed if I gave $100 cash as well. I am struggling to determine if it's worth it. It sounds like it's a good bow. I can get a new entry level pse without arrows or case in Maryville for $399.

TreeNinja

If the Switchback is in good condition it will be a MILLION times better bow than a entry level PSE anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

bowhunter163

TreeNinja":30emlzis said:
If the Switchback is in good condition it will be a MILLION times better bow than a entry level PSE anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
The PSE Drive LT is a sweet shooting bow for an entry level . I would choose it over a switchback any day , so it kind of depends on which entry level PSE it is . And the Switchback is my favorite Matthews bow ever made .

Ladys man

Can u shoot them both ? Is the switchback set up for your draw length? I wouldn't hesitate on the Mathews but I'd try to shoot it first

Latest posts