Sweet potatoes

Dodge Man

Anybody grow any this year? We have about 150 to 200 plants this year. I am not looking forward to picking them but I guess it is about time to start getting them out of the ground.

When my grandfather use to sell stuff we would plant 2500 to 3000 plants a year so this is nothing compared to back then! :D

Sako

I planted some last year but could not keep the deer out of them...... I planted Reds and Yukons this year...

The Ol Professor

I planted some but not close to what you put in Dodge Man! The 10 plants I put in resulted in the 4 good sized sackfuls I dug up this past Sunday. I need some sweet potato recipes now.

Tiny

I planted some this year for the frist time,dug up 3 plants so far got about a doz good bakeing sized and several that got fried,gonna let go at least to it drys back out after the rain were supposed to get.

Dodge Man

I got all mine dug up over the weekend, we only got about 8 bushels of sweet potatoes. This was my first time planting them on my own so I think I did not get the dirt broken up deep enough. Most of them were in the top 8 to 10 inches and some of the plants did not even have a potato big enough to even keep. Next year I will use the breaking plow and get the dirt broken up deep enough to get get them to grow deeper.

Latest posts