• Help Support TNDeer:

sweet 17

mike243

They use to be set up for the. 17 HMR round.do you have a 17 HMR?.it works pretty good for them is what I use to hear from folks that shot theirs alot

One of my friends has a Mossberg 17 HMR and put the Sweet 17 on it. We went and sighted it last friday. Zeroed at 100, then moved to 200 and it was only 1" low. Pretty good if you ask me.

Save your money. I have one on my 17 but unless mine was/is a fluke, I wouldn't recommend them. Mine came with only one turret set...and it was for the 17 grain bullets. The first yardage marking on the turret is 100 yds. I was expecting it to start at 50 instead of 100. The Sweet 22 was awesome...came with turrets for several grain bullets and it went down to 50 yds. The 17 HMR only has 3 bullet grain weights available...seems like they could have made turrets for those 3 weights. That's the problem with mine...my gun likes the heavy bullets better...the 20 grn ones....and the turret ain't calibrated for that. I would have been better off just getting a high quality scope without target turrets and setting it like an ordinary scope.

If you are lucky enough to get a good one they are fine. It is a crap shoot though as over half of BSA products have issues.

Crow Terminator said:
Save your money. I have one on my 17 but unless mine was/is a fluke, I wouldn't recommend them. Mine came with only one turret set...and it was for the 17 grain bullets. The first yardage marking on the turret is 100 yds. I was expecting it to start at 50 instead of 100. The Sweet 22 was awesome...came with turrets for several grain bullets and it went down to 50 yds. The 17 HMR only has 3 bullet grain weights available...seems like they could have made turrets for those 3 weights. That's the problem with mine...my gun likes the heavy bullets better...the 20 grn ones....and the turret ain't calibrated for that. I would have been better off just getting a high quality scope without target turrets and setting it like an ordinary scope.

I have the same problem. My savage will not shoot a 17gr round. Only 20gr. I have the sweet 17 and I feel it's useless unless I do ALOT of shooting to re mark the turrets. Also the scope is not clear at all. Disappointed in mine.

I have one on my savage 93r17 and I am impressed. I set it in at 100 yards and then set the torrents and parallax adjustment for 160 and at 160 yards it was about 3/4 of and inch low.

Back