Sweet 16

John3

I hunt with a 16 or 20 a5 unless it's raining or I'm in a pit. The boss shot shells are copper plated bismuth. They are safe for the old guns and are pretty tough on ducks. I shoot #5 or #6

WilcoKen

I hunt with a 16 or 20 a5 unless it's raining or I'm in a pit. The boss shot shells are copper plated bismuth. They are safe for the old guns and are pretty tough on ducks. I shoot #5 or #6
Same here.

Iglow

First duck I ever killed was with a 12 ga mag A-5 with a 32" full choke barrel. My dad bought it in the 50's and went to Reelfoot. They were in one of those wood reelfoot boats and put a cypress stob through the bottom and had to wade/ walk back. That was the end of duck hunting for him.
When I was about 20 I told him I was gonna start duck hunting and his only reply was " you're gonna get yourself killed"!!!🤣

tickweed

Sweet sixteens are on average bringing anywhere from 1500 to 3000. As well as light twentys. I have a mint 16, not a sweet. Has a 30 full, matt rib. The sweets longest barrell was 28 inchs. An intersting note, the A5 sixteen standards only had 30 inchs barrells produced for 2 yrs. Thats why l wanted one. I had one as a boy, a duck killing machine, that was later stolen. Liked to never had found another. Great guns, cool history.

Latest posts