supper from the garden

WTM

fresh and better tasting.

6332A72B-4BD7-434C-AAA7-0CEC7C49FB66.jpeg

Shag

Great idea! I was looking for some ideas this morning. Got a couple shoulders in the freezer but they take too long to thaw out. I opted for some deer stew cuts instead. Just got it in the crockpot an hour ago, Mississippi style. I'll probably quarter some taters and throw in with it after while. Maybe fry up some squash to go with it and some fresh maters.

Shag

Came out pretty dang good! Meat was pull apart with a fork tender, taters were perfectly mushy with a fork. Fried squash and zucchini til golden brown. Big ole fresh beefsteak tomato from the vine. A fine meal! It's also kinda satisfying to know that I killed the deer, I raised the veggies, the eggs for breading came from our chickens…only thing not from here was the seasoning, bread crumbs, butter and oil. Oh…the taters were also store bought. Never have any luck growing taters here.

WTM

Looks good. I will have to try to grow taters again one of these days, but won't grow them in our garden spot.
surprisingly my wife didnt like the potatoes. she said they were too strong tasting and harder to boil tender than store bought potatoes. i thought they were excellent and taste more fresh.

her tastes and personality has changed since her stroke. now she likes stuff she didnt like before and dislikes stuff she liked before. strange.