Sunday 12/7

bcartervol98

Bulldog25":exfogy17 said:
bcartervol98":exfogy17 said:
Tomorrow and Tuesday first light to noon both days.
From now on till the end except for this Tuesday for me. Hope that much time out there pays off soon.

I will be out there every Tuesday and Sunday till Christmas when my 10 year old gets the new shotgun I bought him. I have a feeling the squirrels will be getting hurt on Sundays then and I will still Deer Hunt on Tuesdays till Jan 4th. Gonna take him on the 11th somewhere and try and let him shoot a doe (or buck if lucky) on juvenile hunt. It is his first gun and small game hunting is more his speed since he doesn't have to be quiet, still or be on a time frame haha.

Seriously I do not ask for much, just one legal buck between now and Christmas. Just one. I am not greedy.

Bulldog25

bcartervol98":37hy5yaw said:
Bulldog25":37hy5yaw said:
bcartervol98":37hy5yaw said:
Tomorrow and Tuesday first light to noon both days.
From now on till the end except for this Tuesday for me. Hope that much time out there pays off soon.

I will be out there every Tuesday and Sunday till Christmas when my 10 year old gets the new shotgun I bought him. I have a feeling the squirrels will be getting hurt on Sundays then and I will still Deer Hunt on Tuesdays till Jan 4th. Gonna take him on the 11th somewhere and try and let him shoot a doe (or buck if lucky) on juvenile hunt. It is his first gun and small game hunting is more his speed since he doesn't have to be quiet, still or be on a time frame haha.
Get him to kill all the squirrels in TN lol. Seen and heard too many of them this season.

bcartervol98

Yea at one time Friday morning in the woods I counted 32 I could see and I am on the ground! Watch....when we hunt them deer will be everywhere and squirrels will be nowhere to be seen HAHA

One literally screamed at me. I have heard them bark thousands of times but this was my first scream.

Treestand Troubadour

Can't wait for the morning, gonna have to keep them eyes peeled cause you wouldn't be able to hear 50 head of cattle runnin under your stand but the deer oughta be up and movin

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

bcartervol98

Just finished loading the truck. Finally a somewhat cold morning without ridiculous winds. Maybe I break the ice tomorrow! Of course I feel that every night before I hunt lol.

Bulldog25

Must have been real tired because I never heard either one of alarms go off. Maybe I didn't miss anything too exciting this morning. May try to hit it this afternoon.

bcartervol98

At this point not sure if I am hunting or just sitting in the woods. Over 70 hours logged since gun opener and have yet to see a deer in the woods.

Going again Tuesday and if the same I may just start squirrel hunting.

Bulldog25

bcartervol98":nocn53zq said:
At this point not sure if I am hunting or just sitting in the woods. Over 70 hours logged since gun opener and have yet to see a deer in the woods.

I feel the same way. I got a new coyote call last week that may start getting some use soon.

redblood

bcartervol98":2ja0vv4p said:

nothing wrong with that. nothing like squirrel hunting the TN hardwoods in the fall

mfisher

Hunted until 1 today and I didn't see a thing. I thought today would be a good one but was obviously wrong. I've passed on a dozen or so, no longer. Switching to freezer filling mode while still hoping to get a big guy, I think I'm going to squeeze in a couple of morning hunts this week before work with the looking so promising. I'm definitely tired of the dang wind.